New Oil Pressure Switch

Deer Slayer
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
1972 CB750k
1973 CB350 Twin
1975 CR125e
1969 Z50a

Re: New Oil Pressure Switch

Lucky 1
Read the shop manual..... the trigger pressure is not 33 psi.
The stock pressure switch is activated between 57-85 psi.

That is why turning over the engine with the electric starter
will not show any oil pressure.

On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: New Oil Pressure Switch

Deer Slayer
I went back and read through the manual myself, on page 28 it says the light will trigger on at 7.1 p.s.i. I think what you may be thinking is the suggested normal operating oil pressure. I say suggested because I've seen a lot of people running gauges that report warm idle pressures as low as 10 p.s.i. with the light not triggering on.
1972 CB750k
1973 CB350 Twin
1975 CR125e
1969 Z50a

New Oil Pressure Switch

Deer Slayer
I deleted the original post because of misleading info from my bad memory, sorry.  I've been having some trouble from my oil pressure switch, and was looking to replace it soon.  I think a suitable replacement can be had at a reasonable cost from an auto parts store.  I looked up the updated Honda PN: 37240-P13-013 to see if it was listed for any automobiles and found it was used on a 1982 Honda Accord too. Cross-referencing based on use with this car I found the follow list of suitable replacements:
OEM Honda - 37240-P13-013 (4.0-7.1 psi)
Beck Arnley - 201-1679 (2.0-6.0 psi)
Standard Motor Parts - PS138 (3.0-7.5 psi)
Standard Motor Parts - PS200 (2.0-6.0 psi)
Borg Warner - S4135
NTC - W0133-1641247
FAE - ATM1431005
NAPA (ECHLIN) - OP6075
NAPA (MPE) - OP6075SP
AIRTEX/WELLS - 1S6691 (2.0-6.0 psi)

All of these are listed as male connector, but some use a screw and others use a post. It seems to vary from parts lot to parts lot, even from same manufacturer with same part number.  I listed the trigger pressure ranges when I could find them listed.  I personally don't think a psi or two variation amounts to anything when dealing with "dummy lights."  I strongly recommend using a pressure gauge if you don't have one installed already.
1972 CB750k
1973 CB350 Twin
1975 CR125e
1969 Z50a

Re: New Oil Pressure Switch

I have been thinking about converting that annoying turn signal buzzer into an oil pressure warning buzzer. That way I would know instantly if oil pressure dropped, and not have to watch an oil pressure gauge while trying to ride.