New Project

InTheWind
I recently purchased a '77 CB750F, from some of the things I have read the F stands for F*#@!d. The biggest thing I have read is the top end is junk and will not last like the K models and the carbs are questionable also. The carbs will need to be rebuilt and I have found it somewhat difficult to locate kits, found some on Ebay but didn't move quick enough. My fork seals are also shot and the pinhead that I got the bike from said he had been riding it with bad seals for about two years. I have not pulled them apart yet but the have a nice coating of oil all over them. Any advice on finding carb kits and other parts would be helpfull, thanks

Re: New Project

dppeter
I bought a set of fork seals off one of the ebay stores but you should certainly be able to get them at a Honda dealer or online somewhere.  I just dropped the forks this afternoon and dismantled them for the seal install.  It's really not that big a deal if you are mechanicly inclined.  Don't fret it just take it slow.

Re: New Project

InTheWind
Thanks, I did find a local shop that has sets of seals and dust covers, the price is about the same but no shipping.