New and wondering about Motorcycle insurance.

New and wondering about Motorcycle insurance.

bigrah13
I am in the process of getting motorcycle insurance and there is such a difference in price and coverage. I was just wondering who the majority of motorcycle riders used for their insuranc? Right now I am leaning toward StateFarm or maybe even Geico? Please help me with this choice. I think I will be riding my new "old" honda cb 750 in a little over a week and a half. Whoo Hooo!!!

Re: New and wondering about Motorcycle insurance.

I have been really happy with Nationwide. I get a really good deal on Full coverage on my 76 CB 750, and even get roadside assistance for $5.00 a month.

Re: New and wondering about Motorcycle insurance.

   WHOO HOOO
 Great riding and legal,If you don't have statefarm on other things,car/house there higher then others Gelco great but they seem to give low quoits then change,So make full payment right away is what i did then they found a d.u.i.from "03" tryed to raise but couldn't.

Re: New and wondering about Motorcycle insurance.

robs750
You cant really compare rates with riders here that dont live in the same town.There are too many factors such as age,driving record,zip code,etc-.

When i got a quote from State Farm,they wanted to sell me a seperate medical coverage policy.
I ended up getting ins. from Rider (GMAC).

Best to shop around after deciding what kind of coverage you want.

Re: New and wondering about Motorcycle insurance.

Thats true. I you pass a MSF Riders Course you get a discount on your bike insurance. Saved me $25 a year.

Re: New and wondering about Motorcycle insurance.

seestheday
I envy the low prices of car/motorcycle insurance in the states.  Here in Canada they're way more expensive.
1981 CB750K with 900 cams
90K KM's, rebuilt head, rebuilt carbs, upgraded valve stem seals

My wife's recipe website that I'm trying to help promote: Strawberries for supper. Yes, I am a lucky man.

My cb750 video site

Re: New and wondering about Motorcycle insurance.

fordsparky
my ins company in canada wouldn't cover my '79 due to fact it's greater than 30 years old...now i have to pay premium elswhere

Re: New and wondering about Motorcycle insurance.

seestheday
Call around. I went with intact/jevco. Much cheaper than my original quotes from the company I supposedly get a group deal on.

If you're in Ontario check out the gtamotorcycle.com forum. They have a great section on insurance.

Sent from my BlackBerry device

My cb750 video site

Re: New and wondering about Motorcycle insurance.

motogrady

Here in West Virginia........just paid 92.00 dollars for a year of liability only, includes free towing,
I think they're called Dairyland Insurance.

Re: New and wondering about Motorcycle insurance.

seestheday
Ugh, here in Ontario we get screwed. Our rates are close to ten times what you pay in some states.

www.cyclebytes.com

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/New-and-wondering-about-Motorcycle-insurance-tp4028108p4045041.html

My cb750 video site

Well, i've now how Intact.... Sad really that rates in Canada ended up almost $700 ! I have a short season here too. Thanks for the feedback- it was worth a shot.

Re: New and wondering about Motorcycle insurance.

motogrady
Administrator

man, it is 10 times, they offered almost half off
if I didn't want 4 months of winter coverage.

insurance personnel living pretty good up there eh?

Re: New and wondering about Motorcycle insurance.

Thoele_52
Just wanted to check if rates are still the same or have gone up. Planning to visit there early next year. Problem is that I have DUI charge too and looking for a Los Angeles DUI attorney to get away with it.

Re: New and wondering about Motorcycle insurance.

andrewassurance83
I have been happy and content with Bindright insurance. Not only they are well equipped but they are also the cheapest.