New here

Claw
81 cb750c
82 cb900c

Re: New here

Claw

1981 cb750c project. Hoping to customize it. I like the bobber look but undecided right now.
81 cb750c
82 cb900c

Re: New here

I LOVE the BOBBER look!!! Lets do this!!!!!!

Re: New here

Claw
I'm ready. I have the carbs off now rebuilding them first.
81 cb750c
82 cb900c

Re: New here

Claw

This is my daily driver. It's a 82 cb900c, I'm gonna try to keep it original
81 cb750c
82 cb900c

Re: New here

Yea, that one is a little too nice for bobbing.

Re: New here

Too bad you can't Kong a DOHC.

Welcome in, Claw. That's an awfully clean C ya got there. Looking forward to the bobber build! <- peer pressure ;)

Re: New here

Why can't you Kong a DOHC?

Re: New here

Claw
What does Kong mean?
81 cb750c
82 cb900c

Re: New here

It is a term used to name the modification of cutting the frame tubes under the seat area, and relocating them down at an angle, and leaving the shocks in their original location. This makes the bike really have an aggressive chopper, or Harleyish stance. There was a guy on another forum (who sadly passed away a few years ago) that went by the user name "Kong" and did this to sever CB 750's, so that is why it is refereed to as "Konging a frame." However it was being done long before Mr. Kong made it popular.

Re: New here

http://www.hondachopper.com/garage/konging/konging.html
Give it a read and then you know what "konging" is. It is a pretty cool way to mod a bike without messing with its suspension and steering geometry.

I looked at the sohc frame, and dohc frame. Unless there is something I am not seeing, it sure seems like the dohc frame can be konged. If you have the cash, maybe pick up a spare frame to try it on.

Your 900C is way to nice to mess with though. If you butched that one, I might have to ride there and kick you in the balls, just sayin!

Re: New here

Claw
Alright Tools I've removed the luggage rack, seat, and fender. How much of the rear of the frame can you remove before it's unsafe? This is my first bobber project and I'd prefer to not die on it. Lol. I've decided to keep the shocks on the bike, I live in the country with rough roads and 15 miles from anywhere.
81 cb750c
82 cb900c

Re: New here

Remove anything after the shock mount if that is what you want. I would recommended capping your cuts though.

Re: New here

Claw
Thanks for your help. I definitely will cap them.
81 cb750c
82 cb900c

Re: New here

cblover
I would also loose the windshield. Or replace it with a smaller one for that distinct look.

Re: New here

Claw
81 cb750c
82 cb900c