New member with a 82 CB750

Skyshadow07
How we doing gentlemen? This is my 2nd Cb750 project. the 1st one had a seized up motor so we parted ways. I plan on a cafe racer with a retro Respro paint job. I think/thought my bike is a F model but when ordering parts, they usually come in wrong. I have twin piston calipers on the front and back. I have the air assisted front forks and my carbs parts never match what is sent to me.
But anyways, I have owned the bike for about a month. Picked it up off a old man for $300. Only problem was missing small parts and rusty tank. Bike was completely stock when I got ahold of it but it definitely isn't now. Big thing so far are I have replaced the tank with a Benji Cafe coi tank, chopped the frame, chopped the exhaust and built a seat. I rebuilt the carbs as well and found some odd jet sizes in it, 68/100. To my knowledge, that isnt stock... is it?
For the next phase, I have 05 GSXR front end for it, mono shock Ducati 998 single sided swing arm and a 835 bore kit. I'm currently just doing some summer mods on it to enjoy the rest of the summer and I'll start the full tear down when fall hits. Welp, here she is as of now.

Re: New member with a 82 CB750

The tank is certainly a looker. The shock and swingarm is a mod I would really like to see. That would be really interesting.

Re: New member with a 82 CB750

Welcome to the forum.  Sounds like a fun project. Looking forward to seeing you get started. I've got a buddy on another forum that is big in to single sided arms. He's got a Duc sssa on his VTR. If you need any specs or insight I can hook you up with him.

AS far as being an F or not, look at the tag on the neck. It should say which model it is directly after "CB750 "

Re: New member with a 82 CB750

Skyshadow07
I would definitely be interested in talking to him. Any insight is very much appriciated.
I saw your mono shock build, lots of good info there.

As for the Phase 2 stuff, unfortunately you wont get to see that stuff til winter hits. I'm going to try to enjoy the bike a little before summer ends.

I will say, two set backs I've ran into so far are 1st, breaking the bleeder nipple off one of the front calipers when flushing the brake fluid. 2nd, Carbs are super out of wack. Bike will not rev past 6k before it bogs and pops. I'm reading into and people are saying cam chains, timing.. etc etc. Might turn into more of a headache just for a month or so of riding. Especially since I'll be tearing the motor down this winter.

Re: New member with a 82 CB750

You can look that guy up here at his profile on that site: http://customfighters.com/forums/member.php?u=14690 You'll have to register there to contact him personally. Good luck bud