New to the forum... (1975 CB750 & Project Bike)

New to the forum... (1975 CB750 & Project Bike)

Wipe_Drive
Picked up a 75 cb750 last week and the seller threw in a '75 frame and most of the parts to put it back together with... The frame is going to be a cafe project, cant decide if I want to do it old school or new age though... but in the meantime ill debate and post pics of my progress (which I can tell you will be very slowly)

Heres the running bike

and I just realized I never put the pics of the frame on my computer, Ill upload tomorrow sometime.

Re: New to the forum... (1975 CB750 & Project Bike)

Re: New to the forum... (1975 CB750 & Project Bike)

kramit
Very nice bike !!!!!!!!! cafe' style . super clean.

Kramit

Re: New to the forum... (1975 CB750 & Project Bike)

Wipe_Drive
Thanks guys, ill try to get some more pics up soon... been raining since I bought it so I've road a grand total of .6 miles so far haha

Re: New to the forum... (1975 CB750 & Project Bike)

Wipe_Drive
Winds blew it over... I should probably move it away from the Mustang, which I also need to finish

another one of the running bike (finally got to ride... 150 miles today haha, clubman bars are a pain in the wrists though)

'67 Mustang... needs paint and a few other odds and ends but its coming along... slowly

Re: New to the forum... (1975 CB750 & Project Bike)

Clubmans are hard, not only that but be careful of the tank. The bar stops do not work with clubmans and they can hammer dents into the tank. Maybe that is why they are called clubmans? If you weld stops to the barstops, you can prevent that.
Otherwise, it looks really good. Paint looks nice.
Check out dimecitycycles.com and cycleschange.net for parts and ideas for cafes.

Re: New to the forum... (1975 CB750 & Project Bike)

Wipe_Drive
theyre a real pain on the wrists at first for sure... ive never had a problem with them hitting the tank though... ill check it out tomorrow, ive put about 800 miles on it now and no issues other than the muffler that wont stay on

looking for a good 4 into 1 pipe for it that will work with rear pegs atm.... im thinking about building the other bike into a semi cr750... maybe do the 836 kit, and some newer style forks with a better braking system... probably a 3-5 year project for me cause I hate spending money haha... im gonna drag it out tomorrow and strip the frame and try to get it primed and painted in the next few days I have off work (weather pending)... try and get motivated a little bit

Re: New to the forum... (1975 CB750 & Project Bike)

Sounds like it is going to be a neat project. Start a build thread I just did a duel disc conversion on the Toolmatic. Now I can make the front tire squeal. Was a lot cheaper then changing the front forks. I had thought about switching to a 75-76 Gold Wing front end.

Re: New to the forum... (1975 CB750 & Project Bike)

Wipe_Drive

I mentioned the progress would be extremely slow... Well, last week I finally got started on the extra frame. Decided the direction I wanted to take it, here's the progress so far.. stripped to the frame, almost completely down to metal and tail has been cut... Hopefully it won't be another 5 years before I update again

Re: New to the forum... (1975 CB750 & Project Bike)

Sounds like me trying to get things done. I use my kids as the excuse, though I am rather broke because of them!