Not a 750, but it's still mine!!

Maz

Not a 750, but it's still mine!!

Maz
This post was updated on .
Hi all,

just finished putting my '75 'Wing back together after replacing the entire frame, due to the dreaded main-stand support tube woes (split at both ends). Anyway, while it was in bits I thought I'd tidy it up a bit. I think it came out quite well.
'76 CB500T
'75 GL1000 'Wing
'79 CB750L
'90 FJ1200
'93 GS500E

In a little place called Bexley, Kent, UK (Just south of London!)

Re: Not a 750, but it's still mine!!

Truck
Nice bike! I've always wanted to bob one of those.
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"
Maz

Re: Not a 750, but it's still mine!!

Maz
I've always preferred the 'original' look, although I did once see one that had been fitted with a Dresda frame and a blower. Add to that the 'Cafe racer' style seat and tank and it looked pretty spectacular.
'76 CB500T
'75 GL1000 'Wing
'79 CB750L
'90 FJ1200
'93 GS500E

In a little place called Bexley, Kent, UK (Just south of London!)

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: Not a 750, but it's still mine!!

Did you put flanged rims on, are those the stock alloy rims? Those engines look so beastly. That's a really pretty paint job, too. Nice work, man. That's one sharp looking bike.

Re: Not a 750, but it's still mine!!

motogrady
Sweet ride guy.

That's the way they were in the beginning, very cool survivor.
Maz

Re: Not a 750, but it's still mine!!

Maz
Thanks guys.
The rims are stock but polished and I re-spoked the wheels with stainless steel spokes. The paint is the original 40 year old Candy Antares Red. I painted the engine while it was out of the bike with silver engine lacquer. It is a UK bike but now it's wearing a US spec frame which I had powder-coated. It was fitted with Dyna electronic ignition when I bought it 6 years ago, but that failed, so I fitted a Newtronics system which has started to give me problems. I've just got all the bits together to convert it back to original contact breakers. It's got 80,000 miles on it and, as soon as the authorities over here return my registration to show the change of frame number,(they've taken 10 weeks so far), I can start putting some more miles on it!

Maz
'76 CB500T
'75 GL1000 'Wing
'79 CB750L
'90 FJ1200
'93 GS500E

In a little place called Bexley, Kent, UK (Just south of London!)

Re: Not a 750, but it's still mine!!

cblover
Clean bike. What size of tires does it have?
Maz

Re: Not a 750, but it's still mine!!

Maz
3.50 - 19 front and 4.50 - 17 rear.

Maz
'76 CB500T
'75 GL1000 'Wing
'79 CB750L
'90 FJ1200
'93 GS500E

In a little place called Bexley, Kent, UK (Just south of London!)

Re: Not a 750, but it's still mine!!

18Bravo
Hey Maz. Always good to see another CB500T owner. I  have two, and an additional two tanks for them. Want to put one on a CB750K. Got any photos?
I put the "G" in Jihad.
Maz

Re: Not a 750, but it's still mine!!

Maz
This post was updated on .
How's these.......Before, during and after!
 During
  Before
  After
'76 CB500T
'75 GL1000 'Wing
'79 CB750L
'90 FJ1200
'93 GS500E

In a little place called Bexley, Kent, UK (Just south of London!)

Re: Not a 750, but it's still mine!!

18Bravo
Absolutely beautiful!
I put the "G" in Jihad.
Maz

Re: Not a 750, but it's still mine!!

Maz
Thanks. I paid £235 ($360) for it about 5 years ago. Spent 6 months stripping and rebuilding it. Recently had it valued for insurance purposes at £2000 ($3080). I'm not selling, though!

Maz
'76 CB500T
'75 GL1000 'Wing
'79 CB750L
'90 FJ1200
'93 GS500E

In a little place called Bexley, Kent, UK (Just south of London!)

Re: Not a 750, but it's still mine!!

18Bravo
I love that bike. My second one just arrived from Seattle. Are your pipes whole?  Mine are a bit rusted out in spots. replacements on eBay all seem to suffer from the same problem.
I put the "G" in Jihad.
Maz