The Mutt is finally here!

Truck
Finally got my new bike home, time to start having some fun!

so plans:
900F motor with 985 big bore kit
lower frame at seat and custom seat
modern front end
new paint job (no chrome!!!)
wider tire out back
bigger front tire (possibly 21" rim?!?)
shave off everything not needed on the frame (rear foot pegs, shorten rear of frame...)
possibly move rear shocks and do an internal mono shock

and anything else I think up as the build goes along

Wish me luck, this should be fun!
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: The Mutt is finally here!

DO IT!

Word of advice from personal experience, if you gonna shoot for oldschool tread patterns with a 21'' front tire you're pretty much stuck with Coker's or an Avon Speedmaster. The Avon is a ribbed tire and a little pricey, but it actually handles well. That's what I had on my old chopper.

Patiently awaiting updates.

Re: The Mutt is finally here!

You have quite a list, but you left off the kitchen sink. Do you have a front caliper for the "K" front end? I have a bike that needs one.

Re: The Mutt is finally here!

Truck
Sorry Tools, no front brake.
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: The Mutt is finally here!

cblover
Its a cafe racer project right? Looks like it need a lots of work, but surely it in good hands.

Re: The Mutt is finally here!

Truck
No, going for more of a bobber/chopper kinda vibe. low, lean and fast.

After looking at my fiberglass job I've decided I really didn't like the look so I'm going to cover the top with a piece of steel, maybe even go with some diamond plate, and make a solo seat.

I've also decided I don't like the tank that's on it. My plan is now to see if my 900C tank will fit. If it does I'll clean up the old one, Ebay it and buy a 900C tank. Got the idea I want in my head, just need to do some trial and error to get it right.
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: The Mutt is finally here!

Truck
Tools it appears I lied to you.

This what your looking for? Bracket and looks like the mounting bracket.
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: The Mutt is finally here!

WHAT!!!!! You lied to me?
That sure looks like the caliper. What do you want for it?

Re: The Mutt is finally here!

Truck
$13.00 to ship, I don't know what these things go for. What you think is fair?
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: The Mutt is finally here!

I hate to put a price on another man's property.

Re: The Mutt is finally here!

Truck
How does $35.00 shipped sound? Fair?
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: The Mutt is finally here!

That sounds reasonable. Do you have a paypal account?
Also Shiny asked me to post these pictures of an oil tank for you. He says his phone will not let him post them. He also gave me the measurements "It's roughly 10x10 and 7" tall."

Re: The Mutt is finally here!

Truck
Thanks for the picks.  Paypal is mrosenberger@cateseng.com.
Give me your address and I'll have this in the mail to you.
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: The Mutt is finally here!

Tools, thank you for doing that, man. I put up pics here ask the time, but I was getting a low memory prompt for some reason.

Truck, holler if you need any specific measurements. If you think the tank is something you can use its yours for the shipping.

Re: The Mutt is finally here!

Truck
Thanks, I didn't get any time to check last night, I'll probably get to it this weekend. Damn job keeps getting in the way of fun stuff.
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: The Mutt is finally here!

Truck wrote
Thanks, I didn't get any time to check last night, I'll probably get to it this weekend. Damn job keeps getting in the way of fun stuff.

I know that feeling! No rush at all. It's not going anywhere. I don't need it, I just hang on to things I figure a buddy might need some day.

Re: The Mutt is finally here!

Truck
So I took some measurements and it looks like with some cutting it will work, and it looks like a good spot to put my keyless ignition. So Shiney if you can let me know how much you want for it and get me a pay pal I'll take it.

13575 Heathcote blvd Suite 170, Gainesville Va, 20155

Thanks!
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: The Mutt is finally here!

Gainesville. Darn. Too far to drive it. lol

 It's yours for the shipping, man. This is why I hoard all this stuff. You never know who might need it. I'll get it out soon as I can. With work like it is, it will probably be Saturday morning getting it out. If you're looking, Tools, yours will be going out then, too.
12