Photos

Peterwh
Having fixed the leaking float bowl I thought I would celebrate by putting up a couple of pics.  I've put this bike on here before but since then I put a different tank and side panels on it.

Re: Photos

Peterwh
Same photo twice.  Sorry.  Here's the other one

Re: Photos

That is pretty. I don't think that is a stock color. What is it?

Re: Photos

Peterwh
It started out as an attempt at Candy Alpha Red.  I think it's close but I'm colour blind.  I like it and I don't show it so it doesn't matter really even though I do like to keep it close to stock with a few exceptions like plugs and electronic ignition

Re: Photos

Peterwh
....and the four into one exhaust

Re: Photos

And I think the rear wheel/tire.

Re: Photos

Peterwh
OK, so some of it is stock but I'm not making any claims. It's not a cafe racer and it's not a chopper 😀

Re: Photos

Either way, it's a nice bike.

Re: Photos

That really is a very pretty bike. And those pipes fit up very well. What pipes are those?

Re: Photos

Peterwh
I don't know anything about the pipes.  They came with the bike when I bought it around six years ago.  They are in quite good condition so I just left them.

I have the original 4 into 4 pipes but they are not in such good shape.  There are holes but I think they would be out of sight.  I welded patches on the holes  but I've never fitted them. Personally I like the look of the original pipes though I suspect that's not a commonly held view.  One day I may put them on the bike and see how they look.

Re: Photos

The original pipes do look nice, I agree. Usually aftermarket pipes look like they don't really fit the bike, but yours seem to fit exceptionally well. In your case, I don't think you can go wrong with either set.
Maz

Re: Photos

Maz
That's a great looking bike. The pipes look like Jama/Marshall Deeptone, to me. Here's a pic of my bike when it had a set fitted. I eventually replaced them with a 4 into 4 system from a 900 custom, though.

Maz
'76 CB500T
'75 GL1000 'Wing
'79 CB750L
'90 FJ1200
'93 GS500E

In a little place called Bexley, Kent, UK (Just south of London!)