Quick fix or Engine Removal

blk72750
Hello all, its been a while since ive posted. been either to busy with kids or trying to get out and ride some. Well when I have gotten to ride I began noticing a problem oil leaking. I figured it was normal for some oil to leak since the bike is older than I am but it began getting to a point where the entire back of the bike was leaking and every time I would put my kickstand down I would leave a little pool. Well the weather is turning and i decide to pull things apart and find out whe the hell is going on. Check the pic huge crack in engine case. So the question quick fix with JB weld or pull the engine and fix it. Also the bike slips out of 3rd gear when rpms are high.

Re: Quick fix or Engine Removal

Would say JB Weld it, but you need to fix 3rd gear, so pull it apart.

Re: Quick fix or Engine Removal

   Have my cover off think I'll give it a good look. You have A 72 I believe by Av.

Re: Quick fix or Engine Removal

blk72750
Yeah I have a 72

On Nov 13, 2012, at 6:27 PM, "Piute [via Honda CB750'S]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

   Have my cover off think I'll give it a good look. You have A 72 I believe by Av.
Native American from central Cal,  Kickstand down in S.W.Missouri,

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/Quick-fix-or-Engine-Removal-tp4032068p4032081.html
To unsubscribe from Quick fix or Engine Removal, click here.
NAML

Re: Quick fix or Engine Removal

Piute

                         With bigger gear and bigg azz 630 can't see ,So have a new stk.bolt and washer set up for that gear that needs to be put on this wk.end will give a better look,Hope by 77 they learned more

Re: Quick fix or Engine Removal

Lucky 1
The 1977-78 engine cases were thicker in that area where the chain broke the cases.
The engine also had more cooling fins as did the oil filter housing.

I would get rid of that #630 chain as it is a very heavy rotating
weight and can cause a lot of damage when it gets loose.

I would take the engine out, clean the cases, and have that part of the case TIG welded.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: Quick fix or Engine Removal

If it was warm weather I'd say epoxy it and limp 3rd gear out til winter. Since it winter,it may be best to fix it. If you happen to be around the SW Virginia area I'd be glad to weld it for you if you decide to pull it down.

Re: Quick fix or Engine Removal

blk72750
Ribs thanks for the offer. I may have to hold you to it. I got everything off except the chain. I'm in Beckley WV so not to far from you.

On Nov 15, 2012, at 12:08 AM, "shinyribs [via Honda CB750'S]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

If it was warm weather I'd say epoxy it and limp 3rd gear out til winter. Since it winter,it may be best to fix it. If you happen to be around the SW Virginia area I'd be glad to weld it for you if you decide to pull it down.
Montvale,Virginia
 Piute said it best:  "wheres my 10mm?"
Hellbilly-"that is a great way to tell if you have come to your senses, when you start drilling random holes in things... "

LukeM-"Scooters rock, especially when they're in posse formation. "

History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives. ~ Abba Eban

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/Quick-fix-or-Engine-Removal-tp4032068p4032158.html