Rectifier/Regulator

mluk1
Does anyone know if this will work for a 1977 CB750F?
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Voltage-Regulator-Rectifier-12V-Honda-CB-CM-CX-125-450-/170595941347?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27b84f7be3#ht_2566wt_1007

I'm trying to simplify my electrical, the guy said it was 3 phase but I'm not sure if it has enough wires? If this won't work where can I get a cheap one for my bike? Is there other bikes I can take one off of? Possibly a GL1000?

Re: Rectifier/Regulator

DesignBuild
With Ebay it's always a gamble, 18.99 seems a little cheap to me. But considering if you have a little electrical knowledge and an old dryer to spare you can make your own reg/rec for practically nothing, so who knows.

Looking at the manual and Z1's part here: http://www.z1enterprises.com/detail.aspx?ID=3267
It does look like the 77 had a six wire configuration (someone with an SOHC could confirm this), so that would match up. Personally i am skeptical, but they might just be considerably under cutting the market.