Road Trip! IL -> PA

Half-Caf
Hey guys, I thought I would let you all know about my upcoming adventure. I have all of next week off work and decided to make a trip over to PA to visit the fam.
I already have my trip out planned, breaking it into short legs with overnight stops in Grand Rapids and Cleveland to visit friends. But... if there's anyone on here that would like to meet up on the way back (roughly the 22nd-24th) let me know and I'd be happy to meet up and hang out.
I will be taking my camera along for pictures and will definitely have a number of videos put together when I get back.

I am leaving this Saturday, so stay tuned for some updates and pictures.
The best things in life are custom
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/halfscb
1980 cb750f SS
Chicago, IL

Re: Road Trip! IL -> PA

Lincoln Highway Bullitt
What part of pa you heading to?
Making Laps, Twisting the Throttle and Cruzz control, it just don't get any better!

Re: Road Trip! IL -> PA

Half-Caf
NW PA, close to Erie. Are you in PA, Lincoln?
The best things in life are custom
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/halfscb
1980 cb750f SS
Chicago, IL

Re: Road Trip! IL -> PA

Lincoln Highway Bullitt
SW Pa. Right were Flight 93 went down on 9-11. Stoystown pa
Making Laps, Twisting the Throttle and Cruzz control, it just don't get any better!

Re: Road Trip! IL -> PA

Half-Caf
Well, the trip was quite cold. Temperatures averaged around 32ยบ for the whole trip. It was cold, including 2 hours of freezing rain outside of Cleveland.
Sorry Lincoln, the weather was a little too cold for making any more detours

Anyway, first video is up -more to come..

The best things in life are custom
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/halfscb
1980 cb750f SS
Chicago, IL

Re: Road Trip! IL -> PA

Fun stuff.  I admire your courage, even with layers. I'm guessing the bike performed well.

The opening reminds me of those voiceovers by Don LaFontaine:

"One man.  One bike.  600 miles.  In a world where motorcycles no longer exist, One man rode without fear."

More, please.

Re: Road Trip! IL -> PA

I thought that i had posted on this thread when you asked if we wanted to keep up with this. Apparently I didn't,so i will now. Please,please do! Looking forward to your videos already,this just makes it even better.

BTW,is it Wednesday today?

Re: Road Trip! IL -> PA

Half-Caf
shinyribs wrote
BTW,is it Wednesday today?
Almost, Ribs! You gonna go score some free pie tomorrow?

I realized soon after the trip that I didn't actually snap a picture of my bike on the road  I grabbed this frame from some footage and it will have to suffice.

By the way, I also made it the thumbnail for the next PA trip video: Out of Gas

The best things in life are custom
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/halfscb
1980 cb750f SS
Chicago, IL

Re: Road Trip! IL -> PA

I love a happy ending.  Glad it was just a gas issue. Now you know just how far you can go.
Do you find that mileage drops when temps get very high or very low?

Just curious.

Re: Road Trip! IL -> PA

Start a new trend Half caf. When you get home wave,smile and say hello to everyone. Maybe it'll catch on.

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the next.

Re: Road Trip! IL -> PA

cdaiscool
Oh man, you passed right through GR??? I am from there, and live 2 hours away!

I bet you rode right through Ann Arbor or Brighton. Could have gotten a bite to eat...

Next time you make the trip, catch me so I can meet up with you! Perhaps I'll ride over into Canada this summer and have a bit of Canadian air. If its not too cold this summer...
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Road Trip! IL -> PA

Half-Caf
cdaiscool wrote
I bet you rode right through Ann Arbor or Brighton. Could have gotten a bite to eat...
I think I rode right through both -I even stopped in Ann Arbor to warm up because I was absolutely freezing!
I'm not sure if I'll go the whole way to PA again this summer, but I'll definitely be back up in GR at some point.
The best things in life are custom
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/halfscb
1980 cb750f SS
Chicago, IL

Re: Road Trip! IL -> PA

cdaiscool
Just stop in Ann Arbor. I work on Plymouth Ave. just off US-23. You can almost see my work from there.
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Road Trip! IL -> PA

Half-Caf
cdaiscool wrote
Next time you make the trip, catch me so I can meet up with you! Perhaps I'll ride over into Canada this summer and have a bit of Canadian air. If its not too cold this summer...
Is that an invitation?  Let me know if you're looking for company on this Canada ride.

The best things in life are custom
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/halfscb
1980 cb750f SS
Chicago, IL

Re: Road Trip! IL -> PA

Half-Caf
An update on the trip videos: unfortunately I had some major camera malfunctions and lost all of the footage on my main (and brand new) camera. I tried for quite a while to salvage some and even edited a couple video, but decided the quality was just too poor and wrote it off as a loss

Anyway, while I was in PA, I picked something up for a summer project. This will be the last video for the PA trip -hopefully you enjoyed them.

The best things in life are custom
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/halfscb
1980 cb750f SS
Chicago, IL

Re: Road Trip! IL -> PA

jessmilligann
A month ago, I also had a wonderful road trip across America. Another nice thing that made my trip even more special was the jeep I traveled in. I rented it and never regretted for a second that I chose this kind of car for the trip