Still alive?

Re: Still alive?

motogrady
Hey Maz......Bexley to Eastbourne, along the coast to Brighton and back....one day?
Maz

Re: Still alive?

Maz
Easy.  About 4 hrs!
Maz
'76 CB500T
'75 GL1000 'Wing
'79 CB750L
'90 FJ1200
'93 GS500E

In a little place called Bexley, Kent, UK (Just south of London!)

Re: Still alive?

motogrady
Administrator
You mentioned your town so I looked it up on my tablet.
Hard to tell the distance without a scale on Apple maps.
I've got a few loops like that up here in these here hills, take about half a day, 'specially if I stop for a bit to eat or a cold one
If I lived in your neck of the woods that would maybe be a loop id try.
Lunch in Brighton Beach, the Sun, the surf, the bikinis. Yeah.

Whenever I notice a guy is from the UK I think about that short story Lawrence of Arabia wrote.
You know, the one where he rides out for some fresh eggs after work and races that airplane.
Classic.

Re: Still alive?

motogrady
Maz

Re: Still alive?

Maz
A classic tale for sure! I get the occasional chance for a quick evening blast after work but never raced an aircraft!
Brighton beach is over-rated. As with most of the beaches in that area,  it's all large pebbles. Lots of interesting 'arty' people there though.
Maz
'76 CB500T
'75 GL1000 'Wing
'79 CB750L
'90 FJ1200
'93 GS500E

In a little place called Bexley, Kent, UK (Just south of London!)

Re: Still alive?

2019 has been rough. Got in to a yellow jackets nest and got stung about 30 times. Ended up passing out the field for a couple hours and didn't feel right for a few days. Had a service panel explode in my face at work. 200 amp service grounded out and it was like looking in the sun. Eyes hurts for days and I had a pretty decent sunburn on my face. Cut my hand through the wrist in a wood carving accident and barely missed my artery. 9 internal stitches and 16 staples. Nurse that patched me up was shocked at how my artery was hanging out in two places. I could see my pulse. " You were 1mm from bleeding out. You wouldn't have lasted more than a minute". Still can't feel half my hand. Grounded my footpeg on an offcamber sweeper and went in to a low side and watched my new FZ07 bounce off in to the ditch. Lots of road rash, but amazingly not a scratch on the bike other than the crash cage. Woo hoo! Few weeks later once I had skin on my knee again I ended up hitting a deer on the XL. She jumped off a bank and landed on my bars. Went sliding face down on a very rough gravel road. Watched the gravel road pass by my busted off visor like rain running down a window. Totally crushed the EPS in that helmet, but walked away with a sore neck, bruised ribs, two bruised bones in my right knee ( ripped all my fresh skin back off lol) and a mouth/nostril full of gravels. Had a huge hematoma that I just knew was a busted knee cap, but once again I got lucky and walked away!

So....still alive? Welp, I am for now!

Re: Still alive?

free2ride
motogrady wrote
An 81 with 9k on the clock.
I see that and say "whaaa???".

I'm about to hit 111k. of course that's km, but still.
"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston S. Churchill

Most motorcyclists live more in five minutes than other people do in their entire lives.

when you mix religion with politics you get politics

people say I'm condescending (that means I talk down to people)

Re: Still alive?

motogrady
Administrator
Ya freeto, lucked out on this one.
110 on your bike, very cool.
Would you mind giving a general list of things you had to do, and maybe you just did, to keep that bike going?
Oil change intervals, parts that failed?

Jesus shiney, I was thinking about booking a trip to climb a few mountains in the Himalayas.  You want in?

Just kid in guy, that kinda luck can't last.

Re: Still alive?

shinyribs wrote
[...]

Damn!!!

Re: Still alive?

Yep. It's been a hoot. But I've also been riding with friends alot, offroad and some highway trips up and down the East coast. Just had out 3rd wedding anniversary. Being married is fun and seems to have greatly simplified my life. Everyone I love is healthy and business is good. Life is fun and injuries just come with being active. The wife occasionally comes in Fridays, exhausted from the week, and says " can we just have a quiet weekend at home with any trips to the ER?" Haha. Ain't no fun sitting safely on the couch.

Re: Still alive?

You know, your life was a lot better when you had SOHC CB750s. See what you get for abandoning them, you need to get another one.

Re: Still alive?

Still got the 1100F and some parts for a single cam project, but that's a ways off. Riding off road had been taking priority over the past year or so.

Re: Still alive?

motogrady