The Toolmatic

I was trying to be artistic here.

I just installed a new lower profile rear tire, and thought while I had it apart I put the 11" shocks on to see what they looked like.

Re: The Toolmatic

sgtslag
That is really sharp!  It looks like it might be <1 year old?  Beautiful condition for its age.  Depending on whether you want to keep it mostly stock, I would recommend the Progressive 12 Series, or their 412 series of shocks, and fork springs:  put them on my 750, and my Voyager; the 750 rides like a modern bike -- amazingly smooth and comfy!  Cheers!

Re: The Toolmatic

Daddyman
How does it compare to a standard??  Does it have good power??  Love the dual disk!!!!
Photobucket
---1976 CB750F CAFE---
     Florence, Colorado

Re: The Toolmatic

Not very fast out of the hole, but gets down the road pretty good.

Re: The Toolmatic

Lucky 1
How do you like the 11 inch shocks? Do they ever bottom out on the tire?

I am getting ready to buy shocks and would like to know.  Thanks.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: The Toolmatic

They rode really nice. Even two up, but would let the tire rub the bottom of the fender. I got new progressive wound shocks from Parts-n-more. I really like them.

Re: The Toolmatic

What kind of grips are those?I like 'em.Mine has crusty-foamie-rotten-fake-harley-eagle-thinga-ma-bobs

Re: The Toolmatic

They are an original style grip from JC Whitney.

Re: The Toolmatic

Gotcha.Thx bud!   Looks strange not having a clutch lever I bet you find yourself reaching for it haha

Re: The Toolmatic

I got over it. A few weeks ago I went to a cruise in car show at a drive in near me. After looking at the cars I went in, and ate. when I came out there was a gathering of people around the Toolmatic. when I walked up. they wanted to know where my clutch was.

Re: The Toolmatic

HAHA   awesome

Re: The Toolmatic

ian277
Bitchin' bike Tools1, that thing is cherry.

Re: The Toolmatic

Thanks. I try to keep it nice. It's my every day transportation, so it gets used. You would be surprised the amount of grocery's I can get in that Rallypack, and my saddle bags.

Re: The Toolmatic

Since next week will be our 1 year anniversary. I picked up a little present, for the Toolmatic.

Battery's plus was having a 10% off sale, and I could not resist. The old battery is going to be handed down to the toolbagger.
Also right after leaving the store. We went down in the parking lot. Was trying to turn around, and the front end just went skidding. Was barley moving, but twisted my knee trying to hold it up. Toolbabe rode it all the way down. She was a little shaken, but all right. The Toolmatic needs a new highway peg, but is also no worse, for wear. On the plus side. I did get a lot of attention from the girls at School. Limp + good story =

Re: The Toolmatic

I hate to hear you dropped your bike.Hearing about you experienced and competent riders havins accidents is not giving me much confidence as a newbie Hope you knee feels better soon

Re: The Toolmatic

It was the one that hurts all the time. now I have a limp to go with it. Most accidents happen at low speeds. Usually maneuvering in parking lots. I have only laid one down once at speed going down the road, and then it was raining. i do not go very fast in the rain anymore,

Re: The Toolmatic

Boy,i hope the gout doesnt settle in on that knee

Re: The Toolmatic

I think it did about 22 years ago.

Re: The Toolmatic

Martial20
Sweet ride. Love the sharp paint and chrome! I just got that same battery for my bike. Hope that knee feels better.

Re: The Toolmatic

Thanks on both counts. I try to take care of the bike, but I ride it every day. Rain, or shine. On the knee I am going to milk it, for as long as I cantools