Thinking of getting back to biking

Norwaybill
Rode when I was younger but now at 52 want to get back into it, never owned anything over 650cc, got a chance at a fairly nice CB 750, Live in Norway now and told a buddy of mine who rides hogs about the bike and he said to be sure the crank and main bearings are good that the old Honda 750 were famous for that fault. Any truth to that, and if so can it be fixed easy. I'm no mechanic but not afaid of turning a wrench, restored a few old skidoo's with no experience, anyways any comment greatly appericiated.

Reason I'm looking at getting an older CB 750, I like old stuff, honda's reliability, smooth running and nice to own the first super bike.

Thanks Bill

Re: Thinking of getting back to biking

sbc1320
I would jump on that deal so quick. The only fault Honda had was for being reliable. If you want a status symbol then buy Harley, but If you want dependability then go for the Honda. Other Japanese bikes are reliable also, but just can't beat those old Hondas. I just sold a 1976 Honda 750 K model just like the one in your picture (antares red). Good luck, enjoy life, and have fun.