Will it go into gear if clutch is out?

dramsell
Stupid question-I know!

But if I have the clutch out for replacing, will the gear shifter put it into gear?

I only ask because someone said I might not have a clutch problem (it would not go into gear) but a tranny problem.

The clutch is out of bike but it will roll freely while I push the shifter down and it is apparently in gear.

If this is a tranny problem does this mean I have to tear motor apart or is this maybe located under the "mision" cover?

Dave R

Re: Will it go into gear if clutch is out?

Thalos
I am not 100% sure about taking the clutch out and having it go into gear, but I had a silverwing gl500 that
the clutch cable broke on and I was able to drive it home by putting into neutral and rolling it fast enough that I could shift it into first with out using the clutch (like you can with a car). I hope this expirience helps a little.