This one didn't make the cut for an art show I entered....

This one didn't make the cut for an art show I entered....

MarkPBG
So on the 29th I am going to be one of two dozen artists in a local hot rod themed art show. I have three pieces that will be hanging on the wall, and over 3 dozen different prints in 3 sizes to bring with. Hopefully I can pick up an extra grand or so at the show. The big pieces I am having printed on aluminum plates with a mounting plate attached to the back so they float about an inch off the wall. I'll put up pics after the show on the 29th. Should be pretty cool.  Even though this one didn't make the cut, I still like it. :)

Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: This one didn't make the cut for an art show I entered....

Why didn't it make the cut!  That's freakin' gorgeous!

Permission to set as my avatar?

Re: This one didn't make the cut for an art show I entered....

It's not a CB 750. That's why!!!

amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: This one didn't make the cut for an art show I entered....

Words! Letters! Ugh!

That is a gorgeous picture of a pretty decent looking car,but my eyes are instantly drawn to the lettering on the tires. Which totally takes away from the look of the car.

Sleek    Smooth    Classic    Muscle    Potenza S-03

^^^Which of these does not belong???  lol. Sorry. Just a pet peeve of mine.

Re: This one didn't make the cut for an art show I entered....

shultz_1978
Beautiful car, The thing with the tire is handling. I have never seen a really good performance tire that did not have lettering on the side wall.

That is how my T/A is. About a 5-4 " side wall with lettering and making on.
Simple if some one else can, why can't I
Jamie

Re: This one didn't make the cut for an art show I entered....

cdaiscool
shinyribs wrote
Words! Letters! Ugh!

That is a gorgeous picture of a pretty decent looking car,but my eyes are instantly drawn to the lettering on the tires. Which totally takes away from the look of the car.

Sleek    Smooth    Classic    Muscle    Potenza S-03

^^^Which of these does not belong???  lol. Sorry. Just a pet peeve of mine.

I'm going with.... Muscle!
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: This one didn't make the cut for an art show I entered....

If it were not for the reflections of all the people, that would be a great shot.

Re: This one didn't make the cut for an art show I entered....

MarkPBG
..and that is what separates a fine art print from a street shot, and a museum show from a show at a tattoo shop and gallery. LOL Someday I will have the time to track down the car owners and set up a staged shot with no distractions in the reflections, but hey, that's why these will sell for $150 a pop instead of $1500. BTW, you guys are pickier than any collector I've met at any art show. lol

So, how about this one....I was very careful in positioning myself and waiting out the crowd to get this shot. It's absolutely amazing printed on metallic paper so the chrome pops right off the paper...
Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: This one didn't make the cut for an art show I entered....

It is harder to make out the people in the reflections, but the guy in the swimsuit is a hoot.

amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: This one didn't make the cut for an art show I entered....

Look at the reflection in the bumper. There is a guy in a brown bathing suit.

Re: This one didn't make the cut for an art show I entered....

MarkPBG
The only one wearing brown in that photo was me, brown shirt, brown hat, brown khaki shorts. Not that anyone can see it in the photo though, since I moved to where my reflection was distorted beyond recognition in the deepest crease of the chrome just above the two taillights. The only things brown in the lower bumper is the trunk of a palm tree and the side of a building. (I have the 4200ppi original and can zoom WAY in)

Points for persistence though. lol
Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: This one didn't make the cut for an art show I entered....

MarkPBG wrote
 BTW, you guys are pickier than any collector I've met at any art show. lol
I was criticizing the tires,not the pic buddy. The pic is right on!

I hope you sell a bunch. So you can buy that Versys's you've been wanting...

Re: This one didn't make the cut for an art show I entered....

MarkPBG
I know, just messing with you back a little. Lol
I have my 3 metal prints ordered, they'll sell for
$250 each in the 16x20 size, plus over 3 dozen prints
Between 5x7 and 11x14. Anything that doesn't sell
Goes into the next show, or decorates my house.
Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: This one didn't make the cut for an art show I entered....

Lucky 1
There are different reasons some artworks do not get into a art show.

There are only so many spaces available.
The judges cannot just plaster the walls from ceiling to floor.
All of the artworks are presented in a way that they will get full attention and in a dignified forum.
On a Roadstar Adventure.