Tire TEST complete ;Kenda-K761 Dual Sport TIRES

Tire TEST complete ;Kenda-K761 Dual Sport TIRES

Piute
  Front 100/90H-19...57.99
  Rear 110/80-18......64.99

             1st off these are not some hot sticky race tire with no grooves on ?
   70% road
   30% off(gravel,dirt,Grass,what have ya.?

  No speedo do know were 70mph is on tach.about 7k give or take to wind and angle of road.
   1st ? asked by Chrome guy was noise there is none,you can fill them IF you stand on the pegs test like in a cage If you can't fill the road with your feet on the floorboard then theres ice out(on the road).
   Not much experience riding this bike at high speeds so ?????Tire Not meant for speed .!
   Gravel Tuesday;did over 10 miles(20minutes at 40-50 mph.) did great some rocks were golf size,but mostly reg road top packed .
  Grass ; road at work dead-ends but can see hwy loop 4-500 yards,looks as though there was a ditch there but new pipe and covered are side had grass there's dirt (now mud)dry that day (Tuesday)Every one(smoking area 4 work)said you can't go thru there,ha  ha ha ...Lil angle to right side so had to move to go straight bike sunk 2-3" moved like it was nothing (grass) then dirt side flat bit higher gave her some gas (tryed to spin tire) She just squatted and moved .
  WIND Wednesday ; steady 25-30mph. (gust 40+ easy)mostly crosswind,SORRY to say MY bike are way to light for that kind of wind ,straight up ridding like I do,So tires have not much factor if not enough to get a grip,
YO café style catch less wind (less there).
   Rain Today Thursday,hasn't rained here in a while been in 90s,As riding though town,you could see the oil in the water flowing off street,60 MPH. speed limit,doing 45-60mph. hilly but mostly straight few deer and lots of road kill spotted,Heavy thunder-storm (downpour)5-8 min. slowed to 45-55mph. tires handled great no slips due to no traction ever.

 Thoughs that need a tire

Re: Tire TEST complete ;Kenda-K761 Dual Sport TIRES

Thanks for the info bud. I think those would look just right on my other bike.If I ever get to that point. To be honest,I do kinda need a tire that will handle some cornering.Nothing major,like scraping pegs,but the mountains around here are all curves so I have to have tires for that. These would probably do okay for that.I really do like how they perform off road. here are a lot of dirt and gravel roads here that I shy away from on my Shinkos.

I know you have had Dunlops like my last set of tires.Are these as hard as those Dunlops? If these corner at least as good as the Dunlops then it will be good enough for what I want.

Any problems with throwing gravels?

Re: Tire TEST complete ;Kenda-K761 Dual Sport TIRES

Piute

   RIB""Any problems with throwing gravels? ""

  Not sure what ya mean,
 being thrown by back tire normal riding no, but gas her I'm sure ,But I tryed and it just grabed and moved,
 This tire is new and soft,weather in 90s,85?-88? in rain(this does matter)
    Final peace RAIN GROOVES
  They S well ya-no..on Interstate 44 East of Joplin,mo. 15miles of the deepest cut I've ever been on,&0 mph. slowed to ??55mph. maybe cause was keeping with flow for most part,
  Tires handle GOOD But best I've ever used on any bike from past,They didn't try to follow cuts but could fill them with my feet and knees on the tank,kinda like marbles rollin type vibration.
 Didn't matter (don't like the filling going through my mind)took Ol'e Route 66 home added 50miles to trip and ran out off gas(but some in tank),was down hill about mile or so , then up 100 yards to station ,parked at bottom walked ,got gas,1gal.can ,Road about 10 miles to better station and bike took 3 gals plus a lil bit,the dang PET-COCK is not working like its stuck on res.

Re: Tire TEST complete ;Kenda-K761 Dual Sport TIRES

On the throwing gravels thing.What I meant was,like on a truck with big tires that have larger voids between the treads,they tend to pick up gravels in those gaps and sling them. I've lost a few side view mirrors like that.

Re: Tire TEST complete ;Kenda-K761 Dual Sport TIRES

Piute
shinyribs wrote
On the throwing gravels thing.What I meant was,like on a truck with big tires that have larger voids between the treads,they tend to pick up gravels in those gaps and sling them. I've lost a few side view mirrors like that.
  Well truthfully I'd have to watch my back tire to much while riding(in gravel )to tell
 But can tell ya this no rocks got stuck in tire(that I did check )So they went some where's ?

   Had A nice guy(fellow cycle enthusiast) I'm sure,Well he kept flashing his lights..
  and sure enough dang gravel pit place entrance had $h!^ all across the road ,kept bike upright and picked cleanest area (i could),bike did wobble a bit (40-45mph.)
   Already made the call to A.B.A.T.E. they handle things like this .You just take a picture send to them They send and file with county .In Wis.responsible party(pit worker loader this case) has so many hrs. to fix depending on each severity (can cause death).

Re: Tire TEST complete ;Kenda-K761 Dual Sport TIRES

                                               Found The RIGHT Spot

   As mentioned the front tire cupped bad ,wore like  Ya-No

   I'm going to try this tire again and change my fluids aagain (just cause there great NEW)

 I've alwaya wore a couple rears before a front on all my bikes(reason to try again)

                                             New front Tire Here 9-26-12

              The Rear wore GOOD Got the miles But tire is a bit skinny for weight load .
                    Did spin a few times in rain and wet roads(in & out of town)

                                  Pirelli MT 90 Scorpion A/T Enduro Rear Tire
         Thinking this for a try at 120 bucks though ,Shinko has a tire also nice 70-30 mix(1/2 that $)

Re: Tire TEST complete ;Kenda-K761 Dual Sport TIRES

Piute

   Well put on new tire myself
 It's leaking ,guess it got pinched Thought I was careful,So it SLIME TIME.