Trailer?

cdaiscool
Hmm. Was looking up 'sleeping bag' on CL before I buy a new one off Amazon, and came across this:

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/mcy/3431344701.html

Looks nice actually. I think if I were to go on a 6-month trip, I'd totally buy it. But, alas, I'm not and don't expect to. Ever.
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Trailer?

Piute
    Don't get ripped off thats just a car topper on a 4x4 trailer ,My 2 cents junk not made to be pulled that way.
                                  Try this made to be pulled (275.00 complete)

                    Has plastic ring/dots for bugees all around,pull up & off tail gate
       (needs angle cut on front bottom to stop fumes to passanger

                       Or add A dog cage (ice chest keeps from floating at high speeds

                                   are old set up in "05"to"09"

Re: Trailer?

rich
How do motorcycle trailer hitches mount? Do the bolt on to the swing arm? I've never looked at one up close. I have an old car-top carrier that I like to make into a trailer some day.
89 VN 750A - Given to son-in-law
79 CB 750K-sold 3 May 21
78 CB 750K
77 CB 750K
77 GL 1000 x 2
77 CB 550F
Holton, KS, US

Re: Trailer?

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/piute-1977-CB-750-F2-SADDLE-BAGS-FAIRING-TRAILER-HITCH-touring-td3194402.html

My hitch was made for a G.W. (the swing has to swing free from all things)
 I reinforced the rear peg mount with a 1" steal band ,bolted to hitch to it then my heavy duty bag bracket ran peace of steal from there,The actual hitch is held to the chrome bracket with 4 "U' bolts.Check my trailer build lots of other pictures.
               the CHROME IS mane bracket the blk. is the actual hitch

  right side with !" band steal has 2 bolts to rear peg mount holes(rear peg removed)1 to to chrome bracket

  left side same but due to hitting swing had to put put on out side and only 1 bolt (peg removed)you can see under bagg were there is another bracket witch is a chrome band clamp used to mount things on crash bar.adapted to use 1" steal band.

  I will tie into this part once I get trailer and know the finale height for ball,is my main strength too

  The front hole is were not seen in previous picture were steal goes
   The rear hole will go from actual Blk. hitch to hole,then to end of frame were last seat/grab bar thru bolt,would be(grab bar removed),I could pull most anything .

Re: Trailer?

robs750
Before you buy a trailer,do some reading .Go to the Delphi Motorcycle Trailer Towing Forum.

Theres a lot of of these being built and used.

Re: Trailer?

cdaiscool
I'm not buying. I was only pointing out. If I were going for a month or more, I'd consider it. If I end up looking for one, I'll go there. Thanks!
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Trailer?

Piute
http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/main.asp?webtag=MCTrailertowing&nav=start&prettyurl=%2FMCTrailertowing%2Fstart&gid=2002286935

   Most these your paying some bigg bucks for,(very nice and many like but look what is pulling them)
Not for cheap-"O" piute N judose,Like to put my cash in gas and tire's,My 1,000 dollar complete set up includes the bike ,Thats just the down payment on most these.

   This sight off the list is who help me design and pick such the trailer I've used / mod.
 http://neoshotrailers.com/        I was in Wis. now only 1hr from house

Re: Trailer?

cdaiscool
Delphi Forums requires a login to see the link.

Never have liked compulsory logins for free information.
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Trailer?

Piute

       So did ya ever get your fart sack
  or still looking .
  Good in high 20s to low 30s are not cheap ,
  I keep the long johns on as well as wool socks,hat
   "O"
  We got a washer n dryer so give time for that while passing.

Re: Trailer?

cdaiscool
My thermal base pants? I still wear my undies with 'em, so they ain't long underwear

Just took 'em off with the sweats and let those sit on my desk. I wonder if anyone will think the stained-with-grease sweats are my work attire...
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Trailer?

Piute

          My thermal base pants
    think you've been reading to many Ad labels
                15 mo days then It's rubber down huh

Re: Trailer?

cdaiscool
Rubber down this weekend hopefully to my dad's where we'll do an oil change and make the sissy bar fit. Wanted to also swap out the chain, but I haven't even gotten a shipping notice yet on it.

2 weeks from Saturday....
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Trailer?

Piute

    IF you come by here you can look at that rack I have ,I'll never use it ,just going to rust or get cut to something,to bigg to think of shipping.

Re: Trailer?

  Hey "C" just for sh..N gig..ls,I'm going to put these trailers pic's here
  that my cuzz in Alaska sent me.

                                        This bug is cool

         When i got out of the hospital in 90's I lived in a 1962 Shasta ,
                           3freaking years wish I could find another

Re: Trailer?

cdaiscool
Wowwzers, yep those are definitely places to live.

2 days and I begin my trip!
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Trailer?

Hondoo
I've been looking at truck parts to help me transport my bike too. Has anyone here tried Kendon trailers? would like to get some feedback about it.