Tricks of the trade,Fiberglass can make about anything .

Tricks of the trade,Fiberglass can make about anything .

Piute
  ..fiber glass messy,itchy,just not fun at all,When you realize how easy it is,ideas flow,So I'm going show how "I" do it no video cam.any more so read,the pics,N ask,Anything can be a mold wont a fender like the one you have you'll have to make two ,one of the inside of fender,then thats your mold for the fender,by putting the glass on the outside of the one you just did ?We use wax on anything /were the glass n resin will go it will not stick finished product comes off very easy(I use car wax paste I'm cheap and have it)can go by release,(it's wax)Wax paper on table top and for spreading resin onto glass matt's., pick upboth and never get on hands,rub it out (air bubbles)and into groves,Gravity your worse enemy,all will pull down,work (squeegee)bottom up,may have to work fast,just mix what you can handle,you'll find your grove. So I'll post my making of a side cover,Believe Domino's Pizza box has the right depth I need..Don't go to work till friday,So follow along....Piute N Judose,,,heres the cover for electrical(left)side. just put on second layer on resin,piute

Re: Tricks of the trade,Fiberglass can make about anything .

Thanks for the tips Piute.Can i hire you to make me a tank?? We have built some 'glass scoops for car hoods before.We use styrofoam and a slightly wet paint brush dipped in gas.Just use some light aerosol adhesive to hold foam in place,brush carefully and the gasoline will melt the styrofoam into the shape you want. We then cover with saran wrap( wax sounds like much better idea)then lay the 'glass and resin.Dig out the foam when done and clean up the crumbs with more gas and brush.Just a quick way if you need to mold something large,when you got nothing to guideline with. Noone here local sells good mat material though. I started using strips of old blue jeans and old dickie's workpants make awesome material to substitue for glass mat.Granted it needs more layers and you really need to work the resin in good.'glass is cool!

Re: Tricks of the trade,Fiberglass can make about anything .

Piute
  ..Will have to bee a closed cell foam,the blue stuff,due to the fact it wont melt and can be sanded easly like you said to any shape almost,don't think i'm going to jump in and start cutting up my pants yet..talking like these boys down south,just alittle to much SHINE n RIBS..l.o.l...piute...

Re: Tricks of the trade,Fiberglass can make about anything .

HAHA  Hey man,when the closest store....of any kind...is 30 miles away,you learn to use some weird things! ...never liked those pants anyways....
wes

Re: Tricks of the trade,Fiberglass can make about anything .

wes
can you patch a cracked side cover?
With my opinion and your knowledge, we can change the world.
KEEP YOUR FISTS UP, FOR BALANCE AND PROTECTION!!!
i like fat chicks

Re: Tricks of the trade,Fiberglass can make about anything .

Piute
drill a small hole at ends of crack couple peaces of glass lil bigger then crack(on back side of course) ,mix and stick, scuff N puddy front side...Piute N judose...

Re: Tricks of the trade,Fiberglass can make about anything .

  WES,,Where you at ?...Piute N Judose...