Turn Signal Buzzer

RodneyCB750K1979
I want to add a turn signal buzzer or beeper like on the 1978 Hondas.  Has anyone done this before on a 1979 Honda that can share how to do this?

Re: Turn Signal Buzzer

750K8
To my understanding, most people yank them out. I feel that other people think they are a little strange when you are pulling up to cars and bikes. I've had to explain it to a few people, which was annoying: "Don't worry, it's my turn signals!"

Would be interesting to see if the '79 is wired up for one in the blinker wiring diagram.

You could just remember to turn off the blinkers...that may take less work/money than installing a beeper. If you ever get any other Honda bike, it's likely it won't have one, so it's a good habit to learn rather than relying on a beeper which only some models have.

You also won't be able to hear the beeper turning at higher speeds or with lots of wind noise. Even with the beeper, you'll need to peek down at the instrument panel to confirm when it's off.

Re: Turn Signal Buzzer

I dunno; I kinda like the idea of a beeping thingie. I'm usually pretty good about cancelling the turn signals, but sometimes I forget.

Incidentally, my '98 Chevy S10 starting dinging some bell when I was on the freeway.  I thought a door was open or the motor was going to explode or something.  Turns out I left the turn signal on, and after 30 seconds, it rings the bell. Go figure.

Re: Turn Signal Buzzer

Those things are so annoying!!!!!! However I recently had a friend that wanted me to repair the one on his 550. The wiring is different in the control unit on the handle bars, so that the buzzer does not connect the two turn signals, and make them work as one. You would need to change the control, or figure out some wiring/electrical magic.

Re: Turn Signal Buzzer

RodneyCB750K1979
Thanks for the responses.  I may have been convinced to not install a buzzer.  After more riding experience, I have learned to become more aware of canceling the signal. I sure hate to have a running signal cause some car to pull out in front of me.  If I don't have the necessary wiring and relay, I'd probably have to install two buzzers to keep the two signals from connecting.

Re: Turn Signal Buzzer

Truck
Just install a 3' metal spike if your worried about cars pulling out infront of you. It'll work better than the 2" lights they don't pay any attention to anyways
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: Turn Signal Buzzer

Garryk
You can buy a new indicator relay that has a beeper built in,you just plug it in like the normal relay,just bought one on Ebay by mistake,when I got the new relay it was on it that it had a beeper.plugged it in and it just worked with no probs.
Garryk

1975 CB750K5