VIN Decoder

Rick69
I have just bought a 1974 CB750 and I trying to figure out what it is and what the Vin Code means. It says CB7502349409. Please help Thanks

Re: VIN Decoder

Re: VIN Decoder

Rick69
What makes or helps you know that!

Re: VIN Decoder

I have every SOHC 750 VIN memorized
Also Honda only made K models from 70-75

Re: VIN Decoder

Rick69
Ok Thanks and is the 9409 the production # or what.

Re: VIN Decoder

Rick69
Also how do I find what the paint was on it. It was getting ready to be restored and it is primed does the VIN have a paint code in it  Thanks.

Re: VIN Decoder

The vin's are not coded like they are, for cars. All you can get from them are the year, and model, and even then it only goes by what series of numbers went to which run.
As for finding the original paint. If yours has been repainted all you can do is try to find the old color somewhere on the bike, or look at old literature, and pick an original paint schema.
Also the engine numbers do not match the frame, but should be within a few hundred numbers.

Re: VIN Decoder

I might suggest looking at the underside of the gas tank, or maybe the inside of the side covers.  There is a site at bikez.com that has a good collection of data about the older bikes.  You could also use Google.

Good luck.  Pix, please?

Re: VIN Decoder

Rick69
    I Thank you all for the help, I payed $200 for the bike and got the title the other day. I have'nt got the bike yet, I'll pick it up on Monday. This bike has been parked in an old barn since 1990. The guy that bought it before me got it in Texas, drove it all the way to Nebraska in hopes of restoring it and passed away 2 months after.
    It has about an inch of dust on it from the years if sitting. It aslso has metal saddle bags but no covers so I'll probably be on here again looking for covers. I will have pics as before I get it out of the barn and after it get the dust off of it while driving it home in the rain.

Thanks again

P.S. I'm planning on painting it Boss Maroon!!!

Re: VIN Decoder

$200.00 That's a deal. I have seen titled frames go for more then that. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Re: VIN Decoder

Peterwh
I think you will find that the k4s were painted in one of three colours:  Flake Sunrise Orange (my absolute all time favorite), Freeom Green Metalic and Boss Maroon Metalic. So it should be one of those three.

Re: VIN Decoder

John Sullivan
 I just bartered for, I think a 1974 or 75 CB750 which runs rather well, concidering it had also been sitting for sometime in a barn on some property a friend of mine bought last year and the Vin.# & frame# are identical. There is no title, but I'm working on that through Alabama since it was a non title state up until I think 1975. The best part is there will be less than $150.00 in barter.

Re: VIN Decoder

That;s COOL! I can not believe matching numbers. Honda never tried to match them on the line. If it is original, and not the product of replaced engine cases, it will be worth a fortune to a collector.

Re: VIN Decoder

cityslicker
production code is 341. if the chart I saw is right.

Re: VIN Decoder

Floki85
Curious to ask I have a CB750 but I only have an engine vin
CB750E-1025581 I was told I could register it by the engine
Is this true or am I just completely ducked

I don't know how to register my motorcycle because I have a problem only have an engine Vin

Floki85
Curious to ask I have a CB750 but I only have an engine vin CB750E-1025581 I was told I could register it by the engine Is this true or am I just completely ducked

Re: VIN Decoder

Floki85
Possible could I get your help I have a 74 Honda CB750 or it could be a 75 but anyway the frame doesn't have any vans I guess it had a badge on it with the Vins but it got lost somewhere in Time
But anyway the VIN number on the engine is CB750E-1025581
Is there anything I can do to get around this or am I just completely duck I put a lot of hard work and effort into this bike

Help

Floki85
Possible could I get your help I have a 74 Honda CB750 or it could be a 75 but anyway the frame doesn't have any vans I guess it had a badge on it with the Vins but it got lost somewhere in Time But anyway the VIN number on the engine is CB750E-1025581 Is there anything I can do to get around this or am I just completely duck I put a lot of hard work and effort into this bike I just want to be able to register my bike and get it on the road

Re: VIN Decoder

If this is true (I question because of the multiple posts) you have a 1969-70 K-O engine which even though it is a die cast one, it is a pretty valuable engine to restorers. As for the frame number, it should have one stamped into it somewhere. The riveted on VIN tags do not really count, it is the number stamped into the frame that matters. I have seen bikes impounded and scraped because the VIN tag did not match the stamped in number. As for registering it to the engine number, that is how Harley's and British bikes were registered until the around 1976 when the Government standardized vehicle registrations to the frame like the automakers and Japanese motorcycle manufactures were doing. It does not sound like you have a title, so you will have to check with your state DMV about how to register the bike.

Re: Help

ArjaiC
In MN, one titles the bike by the Engine number.
12