WANTED: 72-76 CB750 engine motor

meezy
Hi yall

Anyone have a nice running replacement engine that shifts well, has low miles and good compression?
I'm in Brooklyn, NY. Would really prefer to drive to pickup than to pay to ship. The closer you are the better.
Really don't care that much about cosmetics. Just want to ride.

Was riding along and heard a thunk. Chain had snapped and whipped the engine case, punching a pretty huge hole into it. Sure would like to get back on the road soon.

Thanks!
~m.

Re: WANTED: 72-76 CB750 engine motor

Ouch.

I broke the long cam chain on my DOHC 750 4 years ago.  Luckily I was running about 3K rpm, so no holes in blocks and stuff.  Just some bent valves and a couple of pistons with big dings in them.  Repair would have cost more than I paid for the bike.

Sold it for parts.  Bought a used Shadow of early 80s vintage.

I know when to quit.  It's usually when I'm about 2X underwater from a money standpoint. :-)