WTB-A fuel tank for a 1977 cb750 supersport

WTB-A fuel tank for a 1977 cb750 supersport

DriverAnt
Hello,

I am looking to buy a fuel tank for my 1977 cb750 F. I only want something that fits so any F tank from 75-78 will do. I am also more concerned about functionality than I am about cosmetics.  I require that it has no leaks, or damage that affects its ability to preform its duty.  I would prefer a tank that has no major dents, no  rust issues, and has a petcock.  After getting her up and running I realized the tank has two small rust holes on the underside.  This is the last piece of the puzzle to get this classic beauty back on the road.  It only has 2000 original miles so deserves very much to be brought back to life.  If you don't want to help me at least help this old maid get back on the road.
Thanks
Ant

Re: WTB-A fuel tank for a 1977 cb750 supersport

mikeyboy1
try fixing the holes ! had the same problem w/my F.fixed a bunch of pinholes using JB Weld the lining the tank w/POR.a whole lot cheaper than buying a tank

Re: WTB-A fuel tank for a 1977 cb750 supersport

DriverAnt
I would but as it turns out the entire bottom left side is pretty week from rust rot.  Kind of a bummer really.
Man these supersport tanks are a s.o.b. to get a hold  of.

Re: WTB-A fuel tank for a 1977 cb750 supersport

maybe73
Are you still looking for a gas tank? 1975 cb 750f.

Re: WTB-A fuel tank for a 1977 cb750 supersport

DriverAnt
Just saw your response and actually I am still looking.  I hope you still have the tank.

Re: WTB-A fuel tank for a 1977 cb750 supersport

maybe73
Yes I still have tank. A little bit about it...large dent on right side, was creem coated by previous owner. has good gas cap and good petcock. It does not leak a bit, I have used it most of this season with no issues, and that's no BS. I recently got a new tank so I don't need this one. If I was going to keep it, I would be taking it to a professional for paint work. It is a usable tank that can be made to look like new. If I hear back from you I will post good pictures here or send them e-mail. I will let it go cheap. I am in Chicago suburbs.

Re: WTB-A fuel tank for a 1977 cb750 supersport

TuneAfish
Banned User
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: WTB-A fuel tank for a 1977 cb750 supersport

maybe73
Sorry tunAfish for not replying sooner, but i will post pictures when I get back in town. My tank is an F tank and the one you show in your build is a K tank. I didn't know if you realized what I had. Wow, great work on your tank though. I wish I could weld!