WTB - Junk DOHC parts.

I need a head and a set of carb boots. Preferably all junk, as I only need these for mock up purposes.

A valve cover would be nice, but not urgently needed.

I want your old, cheap junk! Thanks!

Re: WTB - Junk DOHC parts.

I know I have carb boots for a DOHC, but I do not know which ones they are. But what does this have to do with hubs for a trike?

Re: WTB - Junk DOHC parts.

Ah ha! Hubs. Ok, here's the deal. I juuust finished the last job i was ''hired'' to do on the lathe. So..it's hub time now. The parts needed to make the taper tool and the hubs are all something that I can't do in one night. So, once a piece of stock goes in the lathe it has to stay until that part is done. Otherwise, it won't turn true. So now that I can leave pieces of material in there for days at a time I can start in on this. Winter time will help give me free time, but there is the house aspect,too. Soon,man. Soon!

How much for da bootz?

Re: WTB - Junk DOHC parts.

LOL. Their yours. I have a locked up DOHC engine, but I have had a guy wanting to buy it for some time now, however he never comes to get it. I am tired of waiting on him, so I will pull the head off, and send it to you also.
TOOLS
P.S. Did you want me to send two matching hubs?

Re: WTB - Junk DOHC parts.

Definitely! Toss them in the box, but be careful not to scratch that head. :D

Let me know the price and the shipping, too. I don't want you eating this stuff.

Re: WTB - Junk DOHC parts.

Head removed from junk, stuck, rusty engine. And in the process of doing that, I found some parts for Toolbabe's bobber that have been missing for 3 years. Also found carb boots, and a clutch lifter plate. Now to find two matching front hubs, and unlace the rims from them.

Re: WTB - Junk DOHC parts.

TOOLS1 wrote
..... and unlace the rims from them.
TOOLS
Bolt cutters!

Re: WTB - Junk DOHC parts.

Grinder with a cutoff wheel did the job. And I found the perfect box to put the stuff in.

Re: WTB - Junk DOHC parts.

 The box reference has me intrigued.

Re: WTB - Junk DOHC parts.

That WAS the perfect box! Got here today. Thanks bud. And you have a package headed your way now. Probably won't make it by Christmas,though.

One thing is certain: anything shipped by Tools will arrive safe and sound.  Awesome packaging.

Re: WTB - Junk DOHC parts.

After I got a head for a SOHC through the mail with bent fins, I do not take any chances.

Re: WTB - Junk DOHC parts.

seestheday
Do you still need a valve cover?  I have one from a DOHC cb900c and as far as I can tell it is exactly the same as the one for my 81 cb750k.

It's yours if you want it.
1981 CB750K with 900 cams
90K KM's, rebuilt head, rebuilt carbs, upgraded valve stem seals

My wife's recipe website that I'm trying to help promote: Strawberries for supper. Yes, I am a lucky man.

My cb750 video site

Re: WTB - Junk DOHC parts.

Hey, Prof. Sees.  No, I don't need one anymore. But I very much appreciate the offer. Thank you,sir.

You still riding your K?

Re: WTB - Junk DOHC parts.

seestheday
Yep, still riding the k every day I can.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Rogers network.
Hey, Prof. Sees.  No, I don't need one anymore. But I very much appreciate the offer. Thank you,sir.

You still riding your K?
A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.~George Washington

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/WTB-Junk-DOHC-parts-tp4054568p4057294.html
To unsubscribe from WTB - Junk DOHC parts., click here.
NAML

1981 CB750K with 900 cams
90K KM's, rebuilt head, rebuilt carbs, upgraded valve stem seals

My wife's recipe website that I'm trying to help promote: Strawberries for supper. Yes, I am a lucky man.

My cb750 video site

Re: WTB - Junk DOHC parts.

Right on.  Ride safe.