Wanted float bowl drain screw

Lucky 1
Wanted float bowl drain screw 1969 -1970

Just one OEM screw.  I will pay.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: Wanted float bowl drain screw

Is it the same screw as all roundtops? If so,I need one too. Oh,and I'll pay as well.

Re: Wanted float bowl drain screw

Lucky 1
This post was updated on .
No it is not the same as all of the round tops. The head of the screw is smaller in diameter.
I have one for a 1972. Would that work for you?

You can buy those screws brand NEW though . Easy to get.
They have them at Sirius  Consolidated. Part no #K-766DS  2 for $9.00
They come with the rubber O ring.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: Wanted float bowl drain screw

I'm not exactly sure what year mine are. Ill put up a pic.

Re: Wanted float bowl drain screw

Lucky 1
The 1969 and 1970 were smaller and did not interfere with the spring clip on the float bowl as much.
All of the ones from 1971 -1978 were the same.

The small one is the one I need.
If you have 1971 and later you need the larger one with rubber o ring.

The one on the right you can get at Sirius  Consolidated. Part no #K-766DS  2 for $9.00
They come with the rubber O ring.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: Wanted float bowl drain screw

Okay. Mine is the small one with the metal washer. My other bike has the big ones with the o rings.my carbs have lifter forks so I suppose they are '70s. Thanks for the info lucky.

Re: Wanted float bowl drain screw

Lucky 1
So we both need those screws.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: Wanted float bowl drain screw

I'm tempted to weld mine shut. If I do I can send you three healthy ones. I just hate to weld up the holes of not necessary

Re: Wanted float bowl drain screw

Lucky 1
Before i would do that i would just buy ONE 6mm metric screw for that one float bowl.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: Wanted float bowl drain screw

Yeah,I'll just get a screw.It doesn't have to be factory correct on my bike. I really dont even see the need for the drains. It's a lot easier to just pop the bowl off.  I was just curious if I could get a rise out of you.LOL! Darn, it didn't work          But I tried!

Re: Wanted float bowl drain screw

Lucky 1
This post was updated on .
If you would have said I am going to make a rat bike out of my 1969 CB750, I probably would
have went B-A-L-L-I-S-T-I-C !!  LOL..lol
BTW I did chop up one part.

1969 CB750 carbs with 1972 backing plate modified.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: Wanted float bowl drain screw

That should do the trick

Yes, and stronger than the original.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: Wanted float bowl drain screw

Lucky 1
Today I found out the 1978 carb boots will fit the 1969 carbs. they are about 1/16 inch loose but i just tried tightening the boot down and they seem fine. i will check them when running to make sure they do not leak.

No choke cable now . Only one throttle cable to the handle bar.
All jet changes and needle changes can be made with the carbs on the motorcycle now!!!
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: Wanted float bowl drain screw

Lucky 1
Sirius Consolidated is sending a screw to me to see if it will work for our 1969 float bowls. I will let you know what the number is as soon as I find out if it works.
Meanwhile....
I got my 1969 carbs on and running and they are GREAT!!!

Stock big main jet #120
Idle jet #40 stock
Needle clips middle groove (stock)
Mixture screws 3/4 turns (richer) out instead of stock 1 turn out.
Stock 1978 air box.
1978 carb mount boots.
1969 rubber velocity stacks. connect to air box.

Running perfect. Nice tight crisp throttle.
Snaps closed with one click sound.

On a Roadstar Adventure.

***
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: Wanted float bowl drain screw

Ah,yes.I had forgot about this.If that screw works out,please do let me know.Much appreciated.

Being able to tune the needle with out pulling the carbs IS handy.

Re: Wanted float bowl drain screw

Lucky 1
Sirius sent me an email today saying it is on the way.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: Wanted float bowl drain screw

pat english
wait a second,so the float bowl drain screw can just be welded shut?

Re: Wanted float bowl drain screw

Depends on how crappy of an alloy the aluminum is. On second inspection...they look pretty crappy.Not sure they are even aluminum. Might be pot metal.Really not sure. Nothing a little epoxy cant cure,though.
12