Well...

... it's  not a CB , but hey! At least I'm back in the saddle, finally!

Don't worry. The box is already gone...

Re: Well...

KLR? I thought you wanted an XL. Good choice.

Re: Well...

OnyxWolf
Up on 2, that's all that matters. Looks like a fun ride too.
'79 CB750K

Somewhere in Phoenix...Damn its hot

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. ~ Second Amendment of the United States

Re: Well...

TOOLS1 wrote
KLR? I thought you wanted an XL. Good choice.
TOOLS
The XR has 3" more ground clearance and doesn't require liquid cooling. That's awesome. But, in my area, they also bring twice as much money.

After getting a chance to ride some of the different models it was obvious that Honda had just slapped some lights on a big dirt bike. Their road manners are awful and the gearing won't handle 70mph. They're super scary at that speed anyway. Their suspension off-road is much nicer, though.

At least the Kawasaki can realistically run 70-80 mph with ease. I can hang XR forks up front if I decide they need it . Too bad it's water cooled though. I've owned it two days and the hub melted off the cooling fan :( Broke down already... It's been a fun two days tho!

Re: Well...

Hope the trunk comes off easy. That bike is screaming for some air time!

Re: Well...

Yeah, the trunk came off first thing.  It would've died the first time I laid the bike over anyway. And I'm gonna lay the bike over. It's just how it is.

Going through the standard PO-induced damage you get with any bike. Got this thing for a song since the oil drain plug was stripped and everyone was scared to touch it. I ran a 1/4" pipe tap in it and flushed the chips with a gallon of used oil. Flushed that with a couple quarts of clean oil and - viola- ready rock lol

The tires are abysmal, though. But they'll do until I find more $

Re: Well...

OnyxWolf wrote
Up on 2, that's all that matters. Looks like a fun ride too.
Agreed!

Just had to say, I like your sig dude. ;)

Re: Well...

shinyribs wrote
 Got this thing for a song
I did not know you were musically talented.

I dance, too. But that costs extra ;)

Re: Well...

I am in love...

Re: Well...

Does Crystal know anything about this?

Re: Well...

Yup.lol

It does have passenger pegs

Re: Well...

For future reference:

KLR stands for

Keep
Loctite
Ready

Re: Well...

easyrider12
My first bike was an xt350 Yamaha street/trail, I do miss leaving the highway at 110kph to explore some trail off the highway, ride through a brook, and through the trees and beyond, lol.  Nice pic shiny. (I typed shiny 3 times and got "whiney" instead through autocorrect on tablet.  True lol.!🐒)
most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handelbars to the saddle.

Re: Well...

I never can leave anything stock. Here's my $26 dollar makeover, not counting tires, of course.

DR rear fender and headlight, old style MX front fender.

Looks like a proper (fake-lol) dirt bike now....kinda...I gotta cracking on my CB builds....

Re: Well...

Will I be redeemed if I mention the fact that I just ordered an Honda front end for this thing?

Tools, bad news on the taper attachment. It ended up being a dud. I guess my follower is too narrow or something. It's really grabby.  There will be a V.2, but probably not anytime soon.  I can make cones if I help the follower along by hand, but there's no way to produce a part with any semblance of accuracy. I'd say +/- 0.030" would be about it's capable of. Which is a joke lol!

Re: Well...

I can never leave anything stock!

XR650R forks
XL600 front rims
CRF250 front brake caliper
Cut and re-welded footpegs 1" lower
XT600 rear rim laced to stock hubs/spokes ( really wanted gold rims lol)
Pro Circuit slipon from a Raptor 660
And I ditched that ugly, old 1970's MX fender for a CRF450 piece.

I wieghed the bike and saw 370lbs with an almost full tank. Everyone says they weigh 430'ish. I don't believe it.

Still under $1600 in it. This thing has been a hoot. Have a few more projects lined up for it, but it handles and stops sooOOOooo much better now. And whoolies

Re: Well...

free2ride
shinyribs wrote
I can never leave anything stock!

XR650R forks
XL600 front rims
CRF250 front brake caliper
Cut and re-welded footpegs 1" lower
XT600 rear rim laced to stock hubs/spokes ( really wanted gold rims lol)
Pro Circuit slipon from a Raptor 660
And I ditched that ugly, old 1970's MX fender for a CRF450 piece.
oh . . . a hybrid!
"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston S. Churchill

Most motorcyclists live more in five minutes than other people do in their entire lives.

when you mix religion with politics you get politics

people say I'm condescending (that means I talk down to people)

Re: Well...

Is that a tow strap on the luggage rack?

Re: Well...

It is a tow strap. I was out earlier clearing trails and moving trees. We had a tornado touch down awhile back and tore up jack.

12