What did you do today

Peterwh
At the risk of being banned from the forum, we rented a Harley in Key West and drove an 80 mile round trip up the Keys and back.  Had a great ride but the bike rattled like a bag of nuts and bolts.

Re: What did you do today

Are, you bragging, or complaining? Going to the keys would be nice, but the beating from the Harley they did not have any Honda's?

Re: What did you do today

Peterwh
Unfortunately not and I didn't fancy driving mine from Pittsburgh

Re: What did you do today

cityslicker
that would be a serious ride.

Re: What did you do today

An 80 mile round trip?Thats not very far really.I've been putting 100-150 miles a day on mine these past few Saturdays.Heck,it takes 80 miles for these cold natured monsters to get warmed up!

Re: What did you do today

Daddyman
Ya Ribs I have a hard time putting less than 100 on her every time I ride, wish I had time and money to go further!
Photobucket
---1976 CB750F CAFE---
     Florence, Colorado

Re: What did you do today

80 Miles in a day is a pretty hard ride on a Harley. Most are only good, for 15-20 miles a weekend.

Re: What did you do today

Peterwh
I think Cityslicker meant from Pittsburgh to Key West

Re: What did you do today

Peterwh
It's 1340 miles

Re: What did you do today

I was replying to Shiny. 1340 on a CB 750 would not be too bad. I have done it in two days before. No problem except, for having to stop, for gas every 150 miles.

Re: What did you do today

Ooops.My bad. 1340 is a good little jaunt.That would definitely require ear plugs....and a cup holder

Re: What did you do today

Peterwh
I was replying to Shiny too but no worries.  I should have made it clear.  My fault.

Re: What did you do today

cityslicker
shinyribs wrote
An 80 mile round trip?Thats not very far really.I've been putting 100-150 miles a day on mine these past few Saturdays.Heck,it takes 80 miles for these cold natured monsters to get warmed up!
no riding from Pittsburgh to Key west.. that would take like 28 hours or some shit.

Re: What did you do today

cityslicker
Oh look at that, it was already sorted.. Well. alright then.

Re: What did you do today

Everybody's replying to me! I feel special.Sorry for the confusion guys.20+ hours or 1340 miles...either way,that would be hard to do on any bike.Your love of riding can only live up to what your butt can endure!