accelerator pump rod bent?

wes

accelerator pump rod bent?

wes
havent yet take carbs complely off bike. did remove accelerator pump and noticed first thing that the pump rod  was bent. did read in manual that pump arm is bent during adjustment. is this a problem ? could this be THE problem? pumped manualy a few times...deffinatly was "moving" fuel. dunno if"pumping" fuel though.anybody out incounter this  before?
With my opinion and your knowledge, we can change the world.
KEEP YOUR FISTS UP, FOR BALANCE AND PROTECTION!!!
i like fat chicks

Re: accelerator pump rod bent?

I would not worry about it, but that is not the rod, or part that is bent to adjust. However I will guarantee it was not pumping fuel. It is very rare that they work. There is two very small ports, and two very small balls with springs in the ports that become clogged very easy.
One is in the little cap with three screws, and the other is in the float bowel. To clean them you need to drill a very small hole in the little plastic plugs. Then use a No#2 wood screw with a little bit of the point filed off to remove the plugs. Do this by inserting the screw into the hole you drilled in the plug, and work it out. Be careful the balls, and springs are tiny.

Re: accelerator pump rod bent?

I forgot to mention. I have roadside assistance through my insurance. only cost $5.00 extra a month. Well worth it.