can anyone tell me what year this is?

globalfastener
i am parting this bike out, but i am not sure what year it is.  its a very nice, clean bike.  the vin  rc01-2107-186

Re: can anyone tell me what year this is?

woodsrider250
Looks like an 82 K model.  Has been painted.  Exhaust isn't stock.

Re: can anyone tell me what year this is?

globalfastener
if it were 82, wouldn't it have a 17 digit vin?

Re: can anyone tell me what year this is?

Doesnt sound like a valid vin. My 78 starts with cb750 and then a series of numbers but I dont think it comes out to 17 characters.

Re: can anyone tell me what year this is?

globalfastener
the motor has a similar number on it.  I have seen a lot of these old frames with vin numbers like this.  the shop i got it from says it is late 70's.  They did not start the 17 digit vin till the 80's,

Re: can anyone tell me what year this is?

Possible it is a 79 then as it has some custom parts on it, notably the taillight.

Re: can anyone tell me what year this is?

free2ride
gotta say that it looks a whole lot like my 80K [discounting the custom parts, of course].

a quick look at my VIN suggests the same [VIN the same length, RC01211*****
"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston S. Churchill

Most motorcyclists live more in five minutes than other people do in their entire lives.

when you mix religion with politics you get politics

people say I'm condescending (that means I talk down to people)

Re: can anyone tell me what year this is?

globalfastener
thanks for all the posts....late 70's early 80's seems to be the consensus.  anyone interested in any parts from this thing?  the exhaust is very nice.  it also has keihin carbs(not sure if that is oem)

Re: can anyone tell me what year this is?

woodsrider250
Forgot all about this:

http://www.z1enterprises.com/catalog.aspx?pid=CB750 DOHC

What do you want for the entire rear fender/signals?

Re: can anyone tell me what year this is?

woodsrider250

Re: can anyone tell me what year this is?

globalfastener
thats a great link

Re: can anyone tell me what year this is?

halfwing
Very nice site indeed
Dave
Racine, Wisconsin