carb problems

bishopcwb21
Hi guys im new to the forums here i picked up a 81 cb750 and just rebuilt the carbs. I got it all back together and its pouring out of the overflow lines from the float bowls not sure whats causing it any help would be appreciated thx

Re: carb problems

Generally this issue is caused in some way by the float needles. Either the float is set wrong and the needle isn't able to seal, or the needle is dirty or otherwise obstructed and unable to close. You will need to remove the carbs, well don't HAVE to but it is easier to do the work. Then pull the bowls off and first clean the needle seat and housing for it. Clean the needle as well. Look for any wear on it. If you have metal tipped needles, I would recommend getting rubber tipped needles. Once the needles and seats are clean, put them back in and the floats and measure the float height to make sure it is correct.

Re: carb problems

bishopcwb21
Alright thanks i appreciate it

Re: carb problems

bishopcwb21
Is there a way to adjust the plastic floats ?

Re: carb problems

Yes, there is a tab that hooks to the float needle. You just bend this tab slightly to go the direction you need it to go. Don't bend a lot though, small bends.

Re: carb problems

bishopcwb21
Thanks a bunch