do i have correct jets?

wes

do i have correct jets?

wes
my 78cb750 has the pod filters on it. how can i tell if my jets are the correct size? ive read alot of people have had problems with this also. my bike is still sputtering, pingn, runs great with the throttle open. surges a lil and grovels, growels at crusing speeds. great in the curves, doesnt do good on the long stretch. im still tryin different fuels.i had half a tank of regular oct. no lead that didnt seem to be doin so well. i topped it off with some higher oct. and not much better. gotta couple days off and wanna ride!i wonder if these smiley faces are realy a  lil virus. hmmmmm look like my uncle
With my opinion and your knowledge, we can change the world.
KEEP YOUR FISTS UP, FOR BALANCE AND PROTECTION!!!
i like fat chicks

Re: do i have correct jets?

You need to go up, on your jet sizes. Try lowering the needle clip one notch. This will raise the needle jet up. The look at the number, on the main jet, and replace it with one larger.

Re: do i have correct jets?

Daddyman
Love ur bike, thing is sweet.  There are too many variables when jetting so nobody could give ya a specific jet size.  Even on identical bikes because of altitude, air filters, exhaust ect. You will have to go trial by error untill you find what works the best.  Pull your plugs and decide if you are running rich or lean and go from there.
Photobucket
---1976 CB750F CAFE---
     Florence, Colorado

Re: do i have correct jets?

I agree with Daddyman and Tools.Just gotta play with it.Love your bike.The paint,black pipes,wheels.Looks sharp!Real sharp.Bring down here and i'll tune it for ya!Not good with them at all,but would love  to tune" it for yapleeeeease?