front fork spacers.

Truck
Putting progressive springs in ther front forks on my bike. in hte kit I plan to order it says I need spacers. Anyone know what size I need ot how to figure it out? Also, anyone know where I can get the top caps that don't have the air ride setup?
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: front fork spacers.

txnnd
Mine came with spacers, a piece of schedule 40 pvc that you cut to length.  My bike didn't require a spacer, but the springs had a chart that told you how long to cut them.

Re: front fork spacers.

Truck, whose spring are you looking at? When I got mine (SOHC) from Progressive Suspensions it came with everything needed. Loved those springs. Worked perfect for that bike and the price was good at $70.

Just a thought, but if you are buying a pair of springs and it come with instructions on how to modify spacers so that they will fit,then they probably weren't ever specifically designed for your bike. Sounds like they are just pumping out one spring and trying to see IF they can make it fit your bike. Sounds iffy.  Just my $0.02.

Re: front fork spacers.

Truck
Actually I'm getting them from Progressive. Haven't ordered them yet but the add says spacers not included. guessing its a generic kit. I don't have quite the aftermarket as the 750's.
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: front fork spacers.

Ah,I see. Bummer. I figured they had the same forks. Good luck bud.

Re: front fork spacers.

Truck
Not a big deal, just looking for a starting point.

Another question for you guys. I got ne 11 1/2" springs for the back of the bike that will lower it an 1" or 2", but I cant find lowering springs for the front to match. Can I cut the spacers a little short to lower the front to match, or would that be a bad idea?
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: front fork spacers.

On the spacers for the front fork, you will want to start with about an inch of preload. Do this by taking the weight off the front of the bike, put the new spring in, and measure the distance from the top of the spring to the top of the tube. Add 1" and you will have a starting point for your spacers. As for lowering the front end, there is a write up on here where I showed how to do it. Since you are using spacers already, you could make the spacer shorter at the top, or even not put one on the top, but you will need to add the spacer in the bottom on the dampener to make the front end work correctly.