help evaluating carb rebuild kits

kar1zma
thanks to the support of the members  we purchased
the CB750F body kit

and now on to the next step
Carb rebuild and engine gas kit

so i have found several carb rebuild kits

the most expensive is the RANDAKK

https://www.randakks.com/honda-dohc-...version-b.html

several cheaper ones

https://carpyscaferacers.com/shop/sh...b-rebuild-kit/

https://www.dimecitycycles.com/79-ho...build-kit.html

http://www.vintagecb750.com/products/6/fuel-system

http://www.nichecycle.com/ncs/catego...it-by-ncs.html

http://4into1.com/carburetor-rebuild...50l-1979-1982/

we would like to do it right the first time
please letme know what you guys prefer

ofcourse $$$s saved is always a good thing but we cant compromise on quality

thanks

Re: help evaluating carb rebuild kits

Unless the brass parts have been damaged in some way, you will NOT need a kit to rebuild the carbs. The brass parts do not wear out, and the brass parts in the kits are of questionable quality. Just replace the rubber parts. Honda still has them, and there are kits that just have the rubber parts on e-bay, but I like to use Honda parts. You will also want to change the aircut valves. And make sure to check the accelerator pump.

Re: help evaluating carb rebuild kits

kar1zma
This post was updated on .
tools

ur comments are invaluable
i would like to call u and thank you in person if that is possible

the carbs were leaking bad when we bought the bike real bad
and none of the mechs here had any experience and couldnt guide us so
i initially though of getting carbs done from oldschoolcarbs.com but thats quite an expensive
affair so we are looking for a good rebuild kit

i found these from david silverspares unfortunately they arent from honda but he gaurentees they are high quality from a japanese manufacturer

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/CB750K-1979-USA/part_228898/

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/CB750K-1979-USA/part_145557/

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/CB750K-1979-USA/part_292625/

and the whole lot here of spares here

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/CB750K-1979-USA/

could u provide me links to the recommended parts so i can purchase them
appreciate it tools

Re: help evaluating carb rebuild kits

These three items are what you would want to replace. I have never bought from David Silvers, but the prices do not seem to be bad.

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/CB750K-1979-USA/part_228898/

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/CB750K-1979-USA/part_145557/

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/CB750K-1979-USA/part_292625/

Re: help evaluating carb rebuild kits

kar1zma
could u suggest your recommended website to purchase these parts

Re: help evaluating carb rebuild kits

Honda dealer, partzilla, vintagecb750, david silvers, e-bay.... Your choice.

Re: help evaluating carb rebuild kits

kar1zma
Great will go ahead then I also checked out the gaskits for the engine on the vintage website
They mention Athena gaskit is that an aftermarket manufacturer
Are they reliable
Any other seals  u would recommend to change at this moment

Thanks

Re: help evaluating carb rebuild kits

Athena was one of the original gasket suppliers to Honda. I would just replace everything but the head, and cylinder base gaskets since you are doing this much work on it.