help identifying CB bike, vid/pics!!

kar1zma
This post was updated on .
guys

im trying to purchase one of two bikes
1- 1979 CB750 which is almost junk i have posted pics in my earlier thread
2- bike unknown but the owner says its a 2002 CB1000 . im not sure he is telling the truth
   i have been searching by vin no SC2124004173 but no luck . i googled a whole lot of CB bikes
   and cant find a match maybe u guys can help me out

here is a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej16tcd-S08&feature=youtu.be

Re: help identifying CB bike, pics!!

Honda did make a CB1000, but in the US it looked different then that one. Is there a tag on the steering neck with model information on it?

Re: help identifying CB bike, pics!!

kar1zma
 will this help vin no SC2124004173
 i saw the custom import document it was 2007 model and 1000 cc that all
 the bike was imported recently from Japan

 where would i find this TAG  exactly do you have a pic of the location of this tag
 i can ask the owner for a pic

Re: help identifying CB bike, pics!!

kar1zma

Re: help identifying CB bike, pics!!

The tag should be on the neck (part of the frame the front forks attach to). That bike seems to be in pretty good condition. It does need a good tune up and the carbs cleaned. That one cylinder seems to be dead, probably the pilot jet in the carb is plugged up. I do like the crash bars on it. Those accessory's are hard to come by.

Re: help identifying CB bike, pics!!

kar1zma
TOOLS

how did u figure out that one cylinder is not working from just a video
wow
the guy shows that exhaust is passing out from all 4 cylinders.

i was told by another CB expert that CB750 has 8 horizontal fins
and CB900/1000/1100 has 9 find due to larger size

well i am in another city hence i cant go see the bike and last night
the seller wasnt too friendly when i asked him more questions. he is adamant that
its a 1000 .

he isnt going to provide any further information also i see on the video that one of the fins is broken

what do u suggest the red or white. cause i am planning a full restomod
RPE big bore kit , nee Keihin cards/ dyna2000 ignition etc

i want to make it a nice tourer not a cafe racer though .

Re: help identifying CB bike, pics!!

An engine is just an air pump, so air goes in and out even if the cylinder is not firing. If I was with the bike I would check the temperature of the exhaust pipes. An infra red thermometer is the best way, but you can get an idea of the temp by flicking/spraying a little water on each one, or by quickly touching the pipes. However I could hear that it seemed to have a miss when it was idling, and when it was reved up, it cleared up, so that makes me think it has a plugged idle jet. Also it did not move the paper on the third cylinder as hard as on the other three. Broken fin is not a problem, I have repaired them with JB Weld. Just break a fin off a junk cylinder, file/grind it to fit, and JB Weld it on.

Re: help identifying CB bike, pics!!

kar1zma
tools keen observation
i learnt a lot, thank a lot

so finally which one to buy the white or the red
i would like to do a completes strip down and do the bike complete
with performance parts

Re: help identifying CB bike, pics!!

Unless CB750 parts are just laying around all over the place, or you are an expert scrounger, I would suggest the red bike (CB 1000). I wish we had gotten that model in the US. Here we only got the "F" model.

Re: help identifying CB bike, pics!!

kar1zma
the red bike was proved to be a 750 at another site

they mentioned that 750 had 8  fins and the 1000 had 9 fins and that most 1000 came with a black engine

now for the restoration im planning to go the big bore route from RPE
get the keihin carbs etc. are there any specific parts that are hard to source

btw i need ur help for my friends bike can we start that conversation by email

Re: help identifying CB bike, pics!!

Here is the piston kit I would use. I have used several piston kits and other parts from this ebay seller, and have never been disappointed. https://www.ebay.com/itm/79-82-HONDA-CB750FZ-FA-FB-823cc-BIGBORE-PISTONS-KIT-65mm-PISTON-10-CB750FBB-/142496794853?vxp=mtr&hash=item212d7888e5 Very high quality stuff. As for talking about another bike, If it does not fit into any of the forum categories here, just start a thread in general discussion about it. There are other people here that know a lot about all kinds of bikes that might also be able to help, or maybe someone that might also want to know something about the same bike in the future. We are not snobs here, we all like bikes.

Re: help identifying CB bike, pics!!

kar1zma
Actually that bike is another police 79 cb750
My friend is restoring it
I'll start another thread

Btw is there any harm in going to 1100-1200 cc kits

Re: help identifying CB bike, pics!!

That would be a LOT of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, and kill the reliability. I tell everybody that wants to build a bike like that to just go buy a newer faster bike. After putting all that into a CB750, you would still get out run by a stock 600cc sportbike.

Re: help identifying CB bike, pics!!

kar1zma
I checked out that link
The price is very reasonable
And I understand ur point on the reliability for big bore kits

So I guess I should be looking to make around 100-110 hp figures
What is the highest bore kit u would recommend
I will go for head porting and maybe a cam as well

I would like to transform the bike into something aesthetically pleasing maybe a cafe racer but with modern performance

Re: help identifying CB bike, pics!!

I would go with that 823cc kit, and Honda CB900 cams with Kehini CR carbs, and not bother with porting. This head is pretty much as good as it gets from the factory. I have built engines with this combo before, and they are impressive.