new to the game '80 Honda CB750k

Re: new to the game '80 Honda CB750k

valero
Heh heh...yeah. Perfect way to put it (based on what I've been hearing)but, rather have the knowledge...even if it hurts

Appreciate the direction though, man.

Re: new to the game '80 Honda CB750k

TOOLS1 wrote
Here is every thing you need to know about pods, and masochism.
 Nail on the head.

Sorry Valero, but Tools is right. Of all the motorcycles in the world, it seems Honda's are the worst for pods. Particularly ones of this age. They seem personally offended by them. You can pretty much get away with murder on a SOHC, but these DOHC bikes are freaking picky.

Re: new to the game '80 Honda CB750k

valero
Ha, i hear you man. I'm just a sucker for punishment. Gotta be a way to make it work.

Re: new to the game '80 Honda CB750k

Well, I'll admit, that's my thoughts, too. Honda raced successfully with these carbs and were running velocity stacks. There's info here on that, too. A manual directly from Honda on how to set the carbs up that way. I followed it to the "T" and it was unrideable. So... Yeah. Good luck to ya. Post up what you find.

Re: new to the game '80 Honda CB750k

valero
Welp, that's comforting...haha. Honestly, the bike doesn't run that bad, especially when it's warmed up....it's just when it's cold the throttle being opened too fast kills the motor, and when it doesn't kill the motor, the response isn't as fast as it should be. Especially when coming off the line in first.

I think I'm gonna tape halfway up the pod bodies and tinker with it then...should at least decrease that gulping of air and lean out the mixture.

Re: new to the game '80 Honda CB750k

valero
*i mean RICHEN up the mixture

Re: new to the game '80 Honda CB750k

Truck
Just out of curiosity, is the wood your using hard enough to be used as control pegs?
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"
12