CB1000 Cafe Racer

tjurek51
I'm a bigger guy (6'7") and thinking i would like a little bigger bike as a base platform for a cafe racer project.  I see lots of CB750 and CB900 projects.  However, anyone see any cb1000 or cb1100 racers being built?

Re: CB1000 Cafe Racer

Well, some bikes lend themselves to it better than others. A cb1000 isn't a whole lot larger than a cb750. Also, a cafe racer is meant to be compact and so may not be comfortable to you.

You can use most any bike for it, some will just need more work than others. As to the original question, no, I have not seen 1 based on those chassis.

Re: CB1000 Cafe Racer

cblover
Re-run is correct cb1000 is not larger compared with cb750 nor with the 900 the only thing that is bigger is the displacement. In my idea cb750 would be a better cafer racer project.

Re: CB1000 Cafe Racer

Truck
The CB900C is longer than a 750/900F due to the 2 stage transmission. The drawback to using this bike is the fact that there are 2 shifters, although to be honest I hardly ever use the hi/low shifter.

Hope this helps.
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"