pidjones rat bike project - '79 CB750F

Re: Stretching her legs in better weather

gareth06
Hope the future owner will have a good plan for her.

Re: Stretching her legs in better weather

pidjones
Me too! I had a message from a kid that sid it would be his first bike and did I think it would be good to learn on. I had to tell him No, he should look for something smaller and maybe a street/trail first. This thing would not be a good learner. Several others have expressed interest. One wanted to know why I hadn't fixed the tank. Meanwhile, my GL1000 is showing well. A best of show motorcycle in a mixed car/truck/bike show and a 2nd place in a vintage bike show with some awesome bikes there. I'm only wanting to sell the 750 so I can 1) get more space and 2) have money to get the next project, which I hope to be a '79 GL1000 to fully restore.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

She's gone, What's next?

pidjones
Well, she sold last week, and for what I had invested in her, so I'm pleased. Now have room to move around in the garage (although I rolled the Uni-go trailer in now getting ready for a trip). After installing new plugs and turning in the mix screws 1/2 turn, she was running great. Hope the new owner has a ball with "the Rocket".

Notice that I constructed a new under-cowl piece for the tail. Glued together pieces cut from wrecked GL1800 plastic glued up with ABS plumbing cement.

Next? Plan is to find and restore a '79 GL1000. And continue showing "the Hunley" which we have been doing for about a month now. Trailering to most shows this summer, but I'll ride her to them next year.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

Re: She's gone, What's next?

I hope the new owner keeps the patina. Please start a build thread when you get that new project.

Re: She's gone, What's next?

pidjones
The next project will be (hopefully) a '79 GL1000 restore. On Monday I traveled ~300 miles to pick up a donor. Just engine, carbs, harness, main frame, forks, front wheel. Frame has no title. Was abandoned in a shed on a farm and the guy wants to use the area for a shop. Looks like it has already been a donor. Still watching for the primary target. Meanwhile showing the Hunley and touring on the GL1800.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

Re: She's gone, What's next?

gareth06
Any update about your GL1000 project?

Re: She's gone, What's next?