put 20mi on the bike now wont start

blk72750
Last week the bike ran great. Finally got to get out and put a couple of miles on it. Now it will not start. bike seems to only want to fire on the 1 cylinder. bike backfires and makes some wierd noises. I pulled the plugs that looked a little wet so if figured I was to rich-I loosed some air screws to get it lean but still will now start. fuse is good carbs are clean any suggestions?

Here is a short vid of my brother on the bike I took with my iphone you may have to turn your speakers up.
http://youtu.be/BksxAtQDhwg

Re: put 20mi on the bike now wont start

seestheday
Loosening the 4 air/fuel mix screws richens the mixture.

Not sure if that is your problem though.  Are you still getting spark to all 4 plugs?
1981 CB750K with 900 cams
90K KM's, rebuilt head, rebuilt carbs, upgraded valve stem seals

My wife's recipe website that I'm trying to help promote: Strawberries for supper. Yes, I am a lucky man.

My cb750 video site

Re: put 20mi on the bike now wont start

Blk72
Yeah getting spark, plugs were black and wet, iridiums

Re: put 20mi on the bike now wont start

seestheday
To quote LukeM: you need 4 things for the engine to run: "suck, squeeze, bang, blow".

You have suck (gas) and bang (spark).  Have you tested your compression?  Any bike needs at least 100 psi to run (on its last legs) and factory spec is around 170 psi.

Maybe a valve is sticking?
1981 CB750K with 900 cams
90K KM's, rebuilt head, rebuilt carbs, upgraded valve stem seals

My wife's recipe website that I'm trying to help promote: Strawberries for supper. Yes, I am a lucky man.

My cb750 video site

Re: put 20mi on the bike now wont start

Blk72
I haven't checked compression I need to get one if those tools

Re: put 20mi on the bike now wont start

rrgunslinger
You said it was running good before, How does it feel when if you kick start? Or do you have one of thoes new fandangled ones that don't have a kick start....:)))  I would check the timming also.

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 12:05 PM, Blk72 [via Honda CB750'S] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I haven't checked compression I need to get one if those tools

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/put-20mi-on-the-bike-now-wont-start-tp3985197p3986054.html
To start a new topic under Honda CB750'S, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Honda CB750'S, click here.
NAML

American by birth. Cowboy by choice! Vero Beach, FL http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo172/grandpaslinger/HD%20Road%20Glide/IMAG0046.jpg

Re: put 20mi on the bike now wont start

Blk72
I got a kickstart it normally works good

Re: put 20mi on the bike now wont start

rrgunslinger
Does it feel like it has compression?

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/put-20mi-on-the-bike-now-wont-start-tp3985197p3986338.html

Blk72
Its stiff to kickstart

Re: put 20mi on the bike now wont start

rrgunslinger
Then I would say your ok on that end.  So, you pulled the carbs off and put them back on and now it runs crapy...?  Or did you also do something else.

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 4:18 PM, Blk72 [via Honda CB750'S] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Its stiff to kickstart

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/put-20mi-on-the-bike-now-wont-start-tp3985197p3986654.html
To start a new topic under Honda CB750'S, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Honda CB750'S, click here.
NAML

American by birth. Cowboy by choice! Vero Beach, FL http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo172/grandpaslinger/HD%20Road%20Glide/IMAG0046.jpg

Re: put 20mi on the bike now wont start

Have you tried kicking it and giving it a real good cussing?  I have had good success with this technique in the past. :)

Re: put 20mi on the bike now wont start

Blk72
Yeah I've cursed and kicked and yelled still won't start. My video was the last time it ran. I had just changed petcock out inline fuel filters. Now it won't kick over.

Re: put 20mi on the bike now wont start

Hmmmm.If the petcock change is all you did I would say check that its getting fuel,but I'm sure you already have. Wouldn't hurt to make sure the bowls are filling. Something can always change up on you.

Re: put 20mi on the bike now wont start

blk72750
yeah thats the first thing I check on was to make sure it was getting gas. I did notice my 1 carb gasket is going bad leaking gas and 2 is over flowing. so I pulled em off tonight and got 2 adjusted made sure no problems out of the rest of the carbs. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress.
Im almost thinking it may have been flooded from the leaking and overflowing carbs. The bike was running so good last week even with the pod air cleaners

Re: put 20mi on the bike now wont start

Flooded.That'll do it! It's so easy to do,too. Yeah,the pods are maybe not perfect,but they're not all that terrible,either. I was having cross wind issues with mine,but oddly,those are all gone in the warmer weather