slow jet ??

les6262
hey to all....took apart the carbs on my project 78 cb750....1st off the carbs are off a 76 im quessing..i was cleaning the slow jets and i noticed one of them has a 4 tipped star next to the 40 on the side of the jet   and the other 3 have just a 40 on the side....so a did a detailed inspection of the slow jets and the jet with star has noticeabley larger holes on the sides,,,8 total...my question is are the holes on the sides the critical holes as far as size or is it just the main hole through the body that is important??
the 4 point star on the side could maybe look like a K,,,,maybe it stands for keyster brand....help..

Re: slow jet ??

All the holes are important to the jet size. Are the carbs round top, of keyhole? Someone might have rebuilt them, and got the jets mixed up. Also one of the carbs could have been replaced in the rack.

Re: slow jet ??

les6262
yes they are round on top    i think one of the carbs is off a differant rack   3 are marked 657a  and 1 is 657b i right think the Star that looks like a K is for keihin   and other 3 are probably aftermarkt ...but stll a 40 should be 40

Re: slow jet ??

You would think

Re: slow jet ??

luky@sonic.net
The carb that is different is #2 carb. That is the non vacuum adjustable carb in the set. Normal.

The other three carbs vacuum is adjusted to be the same as #2. Normal.

Re: slow jet ??

That's on the keyhole carbs. On the round tops, they all are adjustable. Just adjust them all the same. then set the idle.