1972 cb750

grwmotocycles
New to 750 honda's but have always loved them!  I just looked at a cb750 suppose to be a 1972, I was driving home and seen it on a front lawn for sale.  My question is it has mag wheels on it and also the guy says something about a sticker under the seat saying custom?  Did not know they were made in that year. It also has 4 into 2 exhaust?  Are these items true to this model year or is it a make shift project.

                                        Thanks Geno

Re: 1972 cb750

beelsamin
Hi,
I have a 1972 CB 750 and the stock bike does not have mag wheels,they should be wire spokes.Get the engine number and check SOHC site for the model...are you in Canada?
Mike

Re: 1972 cb750

grwmotocycles
Mike,  Thanks for the info.  I everything shows it is a 72 except the wheels and exhaust.   Myself and the bike are in Ohio.   Thanks Geno

Re: 1972 cb750

machine head
try sohc4.com you might find what oyu need to know .the 4 into 2 was used alot.

Re: 1972 cb750

rm56-2
I own a stock 1974 CB 750 K4, you can see it on this board.  The 72 was a K2? I worked at a Honda dealership in San Jose, Ca in 1977-78. That was when the Customs were out with the comstar "mag" wheels. It is not a 72 unless someone put comstars on it. And mounted a seat from a later model. Also the customs did not appear until the late 70s. It's your $$ but proceed with caution.
rm

Re: 1972 cb750

gthong
sound to me like someone has made a "frankenbike".. by bolting together a myriad of parts from different 750's.

If you like the bike... hey.. beauty is in the eye of the beholder

I have 4 box stock 1970's cb 750 sohc's... my personal thoughts are: buy em stock and you;ll always get your money back easily... but if the bike turns you on... that's worth something too

I'm in michigan.. where are you at in Ohio?     If you are seriously looking for a cb 750 sohc... at least one of mine needs to go before spring...

best to you

greg
powershotman@comcast.net