1979 cb750k

dietCB750SS
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: 1979 cb750k

Duel disk front, rear disc, it sounds like you have an F model. Can you post some pictures? Have you checked the vin number?
It sounds like the master cylinder needs rebuilt.

Re: 1979 cb750k

dietCB750SS

My title shows CB750K, and my VIN number matches the bike. But yes, it does seem like it is an F model. I think someone layed it down pretty hard at one point, so maybe they rebuilt it with super sport parts.

Re: 1979 cb750k

That sure looks like an F to me. Someone might have rebuilt it on a K frame though. However I would take a very close look at the numbers to make sure that the frame has not been altered.

Re: 1979 cb750k

dietCB750SS
Is the rebuild kit for the F different than the one for the K model?

Re: 1979 cb750k

The K, and F carbs are the same. I get most of my carb kits from vintagecb750.com

Re: 1979 cb750k

dietCB750SS
This post was updated on .
Thanks TOOLS, but I was asking about the master cylinder. Good to know though for future reference.

Re: 1979 cb750k

Oh. Juvenile senility strikes again. The master cylinders are the same also.

Re: 1979 cb750k

dietCB750SS
Lol, thanks tools, I just wanted to be sure before I go pick up the kit. Hopefully it will be rebuilt tonight.

Re: 1979 cb750k

seestheday
Sure looks like an "F" frame to me:

But I guess someone could "F'd" a  K.
1981 CB750K with 900 cams
90K KM's, rebuilt head, rebuilt carbs, upgraded valve stem seals

My wife's recipe website that I'm trying to help promote: Strawberries for supper. Yes, I am a lucky man.

My cb750 video site

Re: 1979 cb750k

dietCB750SS
http://slingshot-cycles.com/products-page/master-cylinders/chrome-sport-master-cylinder-for-78-inch-bars/
I think I saw someone post this somewhere here on the forum, would this be a direct replacement?

Re: 1979 cb750k

It would work, but it's ugly, and you would need to find a way to mount the reservoir. I would use this one http://slingshot-cycles.com/products-page/master-cylinders/sloped-front-master-cylinder-for-78-bars/ or the one that vintagecb75o.com sells. They have a rebuild kit available if it is ever needed.

Re: 1979 cb750k

Hoosier Daddy
Nice score on the bike Bud... and what a pleasent surprise to find it's a F !!!
You done good.

Not that I would EVER doubt TOOLS1, but I found it odd that the single disc K and the dual disc F models would use the same master cylinder, so out of curiosity I went to the factory microfisch.
 They do use two different part numbers for the OEM rebuilt kits...

MASTER CYLINDER SETS
’79 F model
45530-463-305 (replaces 45530-422-305)
’79 K model
45530-442-315 (replaces 45530-442-305)

But when I went to the Service manual specs pages for each, they both have the same M/Cyl Bore ID and Piston OD so I could see how they would both use the same AFTERMARKET rebuild kit.
Huh, learn somethin new every day!

81 Honda CB750C - Current Project
67 BSA Spitfire MkIII - Next Up (Full Resto)
81 Honda GL1100 - Bob / Cafe´
80 Suzuki GS750L - Bratstyle
72 Honda CB450K5 - Basket Case
73 Honda CB350F Cafe' (Gone but not forgotten)

Don't wait for opportunity to knock... kick the door down and drag the old harlot in!

Re: 1979 cb750k

motogrady
Administrator

That an F model all day long.
A black one to boot.

Re: 1979 cb750k

When comparing Honda part numbers, the first set is all that matters. The two part numbers you listed are the same item.

Re: 1979 cb750k

Hoosier Daddy
Well I'll be... Thanks TOOLS1  Honda part numbers
 Again, learn something new every day.
81 Honda CB750C - Current Project
67 BSA Spitfire MkIII - Next Up (Full Resto)
81 Honda GL1100 - Bob / Cafe´
80 Suzuki GS750L - Bratstyle
72 Honda CB450K5 - Basket Case
73 Honda CB350F Cafe' (Gone but not forgotten)

Don't wait for opportunity to knock... kick the door down and drag the old harlot in!

Re: 1979 cb750k

dietCB750SS
I called a local honda dealer and they looked up the VIN for me. At some point the DMV messed up, it is most definitely an F model, lol. Also TOOLS, I found that same master cylinder on ebay from a seller with 99% positive feedback for $40.00. It looks pretty similar to the one that is on there.  Thanks for all of your help everyone.

Re: 1979 cb750k

Johnnylevi
it does not have an F exhaust on it... but thats definitely an F model. The F tank and seat would not fit on a K frame. They're different lengths. diggin the black paint on the engine. AND the drilled discs! anyone else notice that??? lucky dog.
1981 SS with Kerker 4-1 exhaust and extremely attractive rider.

Re: 1979 cb750k

motogrady
Administrator

Ya Johnnie's right.
It looks like it's missing a horn and sidecovers, that is an aftermarket exhaust,
oem seat and cover, oem paint.  Nice bike.

Re: 1979 cb750k

dietCB750SS
I am going to meet the guy I bought it from today to pick up a box of parts he has for it. One of the side covers is there, and I am hoping the other horn. I really enjoy this bike. this winter I will get the tank fixed and re painted. I am also looking for an affordable single seat for it.
12