A word of caution!

I would like to caution everyone here on making payments for parts/merchandise here. I know most people are honest, and I have never had a problem dealing with anyone on this forum. However there are some people out there that just want your money. I know making payments through paypal is expensive, and a lot of sellers request payments be made as a gift. However if you make a payment as a gift, you have NO recourse on getting your money back if the merchandise is not delivered. For this reason I would suggest to offer the seller a few extra dollars to cover the paypal expense, or not make the deal unless you know, and trust the seller.

Re: A word of caution!

Lucky 1
If you send a US Postal money order it is like cash.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: A word of caution!

Lucky 1
If you send a US Postal money order it is like cash.
You get a reciept.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: A word of caution!

You want me to go beat him up?

Re: A word of caution!

Re: A word of caution!

Hellbilly429
For that reason US Postal Money Orders are one of the most forged checks out there, trust me, I work at a bank and have seen some really damn good fakes before, I suggest calling and verifying the postal money order through the automated verification hotline before even sending your product out, and if you can get a person on the line than even better. I had 2 come back on me that were not verified once before, and they both took 3 weeks before they actually were returned.

Re: A word of caution!

bombsightcycles
hey tools...
I posted about the service manual links not working...
can you help me out?
I need a factory manual for my recent purchase...1980 Honda CB750F SS...
ray
round lake heights, IL

Re: A word of caution!

Half-Caf
Ok, ok... I'll stop ripping you guys off now
The best things in life are custom
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/halfscb
1980 cb750f SS
Chicago, IL

Re: A word of caution!

Hoosier Daddy
bombsightcycles wrote
hey tools...
I posted about the service manual links not working...
can you help me out?
I need a factory manual for my recent purchase...1980 Honda CB750F SS...
ray
round lake heights, IL
Totally off topic for this thread but... did you see the links I posted in the manuals section from Jan 09?
81 Honda CB750C - Current Project
67 BSA Spitfire MkIII - Next Up (Full Resto)
81 Honda GL1100 - Bob / Cafe´
80 Suzuki GS750L - Bratstyle
72 Honda CB450K5 - Basket Case
73 Honda CB350F Cafe' (Gone but not forgotten)

Don't wait for opportunity to knock... kick the door down and drag the old harlot in!

Re: A word of caution!

zer213
ADD at its finest
wes

Re: A word of caution!

wes
i sent this one guy on here named tools a money order for a center stand. that guy turned around and mailed me a center stand with the mounting hardware just like he said he would. it took about 10 days from the time i mailed the money order until it was sittin on my porch. can you belive that? its soo easy to get ripped off these days.
With my opinion and your knowledge, we can change the world.
KEEP YOUR FISTS UP, FOR BALANCE AND PROTECTION!!!
i like fat chicks

Re: A word of caution!

bombsightcycles
my bad...
thanks for the help...
you guys rock for putting up with FNG's like me...
ray