Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

My buddy, and I just picked this up. It is an F model disguised as a K model. He wanted the engine guards. I might want the exhaust, and front fender. Everything else is up, for grabs. The engine is good. Let me know what, you want, and I will give, you a price.

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

DIBS ON THE CUSH DRIVE !!!!  I need it for the Comstars on hack job. I can measure the offset on mine to make sure it will work. If it does,you just made me very happy. If you'd rather not separate the wheel from the cush drive i can either buy the whole wheel or trade you cush drives. Which ever suits you.

Measured mine. My rear sprocket sits to the inside of my front sprocket. The widest part of the rear sprocket is exactly 1 1/2'' off of the part of the wheel that accepts the cush drive. I'm off about 3/8 like we talked about that other time. Thanks

Oh yeah,I need a kick stand and that bolt,too.If you are parting with that piece.

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

Is the chrome good on the clutch cover? If it is I'll take that too,please. I also need motor mounts and all of the motor mounting bolts,especially the long ones.  Do you have an order form I should fill out?

im eyeballing those calipers,too.wondering if they'll bolt on my forks

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

globalfastener
ive got this stuff too, if yall still need it

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

Does it have a K or F rear fender

wes

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

wes
i need a center stand assembly.
With my opinion and your knowledge, we can change the world.
KEEP YOUR FISTS UP, FOR BALANCE AND PROTECTION!!!
i like fat chicks

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

I will try to PM back to every one. If, you don't hear from me, let me know.
TOOLS
P.S. Globel you have your own thread. Go back there , and pedal your over priced parts.

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

I believe it is a K fender. I'm not sure what the F fender would look like with out the seat/cowl. Also don't, you need the break pedal/foot peg mount?

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

Piute
TOOLS1 wrote
Piute
I believe it is a K fender. I'm not sure what the F fender would look like with out the seat/cowl. Also don't, you need the break pedal/foot peg mount?
TOOLS

 I've got to fill the space under my seat to the hitch and still havn't decided how.
   Have 3 different 750 pedals and 1 more on the way along with pegs,had to mount my hitch on outside of left braket due to no space on inside ( hit swingarm).My friend she just rest them on the hitch bracket bars,Thinking some type of running boards there. THX.

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

It was the aluminum thing I thought, you needed. The one that was cracked. Anyway I have little running boards that match that break pedal thingy. $20.00 shipped.

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

Piute

   WELL ,So long as my trailer doesn't crack the one I got ("E"bay),RIGHT side ,I should be good there,Havn't pulled A trailer yet ,.
   Thoughs Running boards sound interesting ,send a couple pic's ,sure to see how they mount,They have to be like one's that have clamp like applying to crash bars(7/8s-1")tubeing Ya-No?
                                            ?  IS IT A F2 ENGINE  ?
   Keep all of the engine in tack (covers too)and most likely wont unless I run across A complete with Title,such as this I'm thinking more towards winter/spring for complete when people need $$$$,(work is slow for them).I'll be busy all year around ,IF I keep this J O B  Tnen again could be up in your area with an emtie trailer

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

I'll get some pictures later today of the running boards. The engine is an F-3. This is the one with higher compression, bigger valves, and hotter cam.

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

MarkPBG
Come on guys, this is obviously an April Fools joke. I mean, seriously, TOOLS buys a bike, even as part owner with one other guy and SELLS it? The man doesn't sell bikes, he builds sheds to hold more!

LOL J/K....good luck with the sales TOOLS, just funnin' with you! ;)
Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

Some must be sacrificed, for the good of the others.

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

Mark...dont start trouble now. I am in need of that cush drive!Hey,did you still want those brake parts? If not,no problem,I might just ebay them or try and trade them off.

amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

1bonehead
So how much for the motor?  when you say good it is rebuildable? or running?

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

When I say "good" I mean "GOOD" It's running! I am planning on doing a compression check on though, just to have some numbers. Also I plan on getting a video of it running. Since it is an F-3 it is a little more then a K model. I was going to ask $400.00 plus shipping.

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

Here is the floor board thingys.

Re: Parting out 78 CB 750 (Very rare F-K model)

Shiny The caliper mounting holes measure 2 9/16 inch.