Beagle rescue

I just saw this, and felt I would share it.

On December 23, 2010, The Beagle Rescue Project rescued two Beagles from a medical testing laboratory. These dogs had never seen the outdoors, walked on grass or felt a gentle touch. They had also been de-barked and fed only "laboratory chow." This video captures the dogs' first steps into a kind world. I'll be honest, I wept. Not just because I'm a softy when it comes to animals, but because it's a crying shame what a human being can do to an animal in the name of science, religion, or just plain cruelty. I honestly and truly hope that woman contracts syphilis and dies in agony.
http://www.beaglefreedomproject.org/

Re: Beagle rescue

Thanks for sharing this.  Amazing this stuff goes on even in this day.

Re: Beagle rescue

It is amazing yet horrific the things humans do. We can do such amazing things and yet things such as this show our dark sides.

Re: Beagle rescue

lcochran
ah thats sad to read.
But on a good note.  My mom works at a university who does ethical research on beagles for 6 months and afterwards puts the animals up for adoption for free!
My aunt was able to get one and it is a bad a$$ dog.  Beagle/Corgie mix, short long and low, with some arthritis legs,  but is a pimp none the less

Re: Beagle rescue

mamalo65
Thanks for sharing this.

Made me tear up (it's OK I am a girl so I can put that I was teary eyed) that they were afraid of grass at first. they are so cute and sweet.

I am so glad there a people who care out there.

Thanks Tools.

Mamalo

Re: Beagle rescue

phil
never knew people did this kind of shit to dogs. thought they used rats & such.
the rats would no doubt feel just as bad,but some how I except that.
There has just got to be a special ring in HELL for people that hurt dogs.

Re: Beagle rescue

Asomatous
Human kind never cease to amaze me. On one hand you have those types who are without empathy, caring or understanding for other living beings. On the other you have the polar opposite.. Thank God for them.
There once was a man who lived in a shoe. He woke up every morning and said "What shall I do?". After years of struggle and financial strife. He bought a new home and married his wife. Many years later he started to hate her. She didn't come home soon after, they were through. He traded her belongings for a bigger shoe, a boot this time.. Not one but two.. they were made of leather and they fit him much better. They say he never took them off, its true. He bought a motorcycle that was built in Japan. The Harley guys laughed, thinking he was less of a man, until he fired up the bike and let them hear how it ran. That CB750 how it revved quite quickly. Four carbs and disc brakes.. Hey, that's kind of nifty! He laughed and smiled as he sped away quickly. No destination in mind, he rode just to unwind. A new freedom, his dream come true...