Benelli 6 carb setup.

motogrady
Administrator
For a while now, I've been thinking about the carbs thing on our 750's.

With the Supcos costing at least 800 bucks,
and the hassle encountered in setting them up,
I'm feeling there must be an easier way.

Look how Benelli did it on a few bikes back in the 80's, the 6 cylinders.

Like H-D, they use a single carb, with a manifold.

Anyone ever seen a kit out there for a 750?

Re: Benelli 6 carb setup.

motogrady

Re: Benelli 6 carb setup.

There use to be a few company's making them years ago. Shiny said his Dad had one on a CB 750 back in the 70's but could not remember anything about it. I have been wanting to make a manifold like that using a Bendix, Tillitson, or S&S carb from a Harley. I recently came across a Tillitson with an adjustable main jet that I think would be perfect, but just do not have the time to work on the project.

Re: Benelli 6 carb setup.

motogrady
Administrator

Yeah, something that would mount like the HD,
I'd imagine whatever they use on an 883 would work.

Kinda remember seeing something on a bobber or a cafe,
but that may have been a one off.

Re: Benelli 6 carb setup.

There was a company selling complete kits to run a single carb on the SOHC's that I ran across when we were at Mid Ohio. I can't remember the name,but I do remember they had a website. Maybe Google can find something?

Re: Benelli 6 carb setup.

d9canada
Hi, please excuse this late reply, I'm new to the group and I have a CBX and a friend has a Benelli SEI.  I saw the pictures of the 6 in a crate and I'm hoping there's a Benelli that's for sale or parts of ??

Regarding the manifold, I can't help you with a single carb option but just in case you didn't know, Cycle X makes manifolds so you can use dual carbs on your 750 SOHC.  Brian
Brian

Honda 4s - 350F to 900F
75 Goldwing
81 Silverwing
82 CBX 6 cylinder

Re: Benelli 6 carb setup.

motogrady
Administrator
I was told 2 weeks ago those 2 bikes may be for sale.

You can get me here.

motogrady@yahoo.com

The red one, a guy from Chicago sent me an email maybe 6 months ago,
says he has the title for it.

A bit more here...............  http://forums.cycleworld.com/showthread.php?t=253260