Blast from the past

RTW

Blast from the past

RTW
Hi my name is Vin and just stumbled on this forum. I scored a seized Cb125 a few days ago, got it free with vinegar! LOL I have little idea what year it is, the frame number is CB125S 1128233. where do I find the engine number. please don't say on the engine!

BTW happy new year!

Re: Blast from the past

COOL score. I have a CL125 in the shed waiting for me to get to it. I think the engine# should be on top of the case behind the left (no#1) cylinder. As for year, it should have a data plate on the steering head with the date of manufacture on it.

RTW

Re: Blast from the past

RTW
I can't see a data plate anywhere!  Btw its a single pot.

Re: Blast from the past

I guess it would be the No#1 cylinder then. Why do I have twin on the brain now? Data plate/sticker must have been removed then. According to your Ser# you have a 1975 model.
The CB125S2 was sold in 1975 and came in just one color: Candy Riviera Blue. The "CB125" side cover emblem was white and yellow. The chrome rear shock cover was deleted. The fenders were chrome. The front brake was a mechanical actuated disc. The instruments now had both a speedometer and a tachometer. The ignition used breaker points. The engine was a 122cc OHC single cylinder with a one-piece cylinder head. The transmission was a 5-speed. The serial number began CB125S-1021922.

RTW

Re: Blast from the past

RTW
I have now found the Engine number and along with it was CB125SE  132570 the bike has speedo and tacko front drum brake thge tank is green and blueie green

Re: Blast from the past

The "E" in the engine no# just denotes that it is an "engine". Has the bike been repainted, gas tank, and other parts replaced? The mechanical disc brake was junk at best, maybe someone replaced the front end for a drum brake? Do you have a picture that you can post?

RTW

Re: Blast from the past

RTW
Got a pic, I think it is all original

Re: Blast from the past

The 73 model was the first year it was sold in the US. It was available in candy peacock green, had a front drum brake, but only had a speedometer. Can you find a marking on the cylinder that says "122cc, or 124cc"?

RTW

Re: Blast from the past

RTW
On the back side of the cylinder is stamped 122cc