new to the game '80 Honda CB750k

valero
Hows it goin gents. Recently acquired this bike from a trade and I'm super stoked as I've been wanting to build a bobber for a while  now. Luckily this one happened to come along, which  seems to be a solid start so far! Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say what's up. I'm sure I'm gonna be around asking a ton of questions, so I look forward to shooting the s*** with you all.

Cheers!

Re: new to the game '80 Honda CB750k

Welcome in, Valero. Now, THAT is a cool looking bike! She on the road now?

Re: new to the game '80 Honda CB750k

valero
This post was updated on .
Thanks man. Yeah starting up cold pretty well each time...just having issues with the pods (big surprise, right, lol)

Haven't gotten into the carbs to check out the jets, needles, etc yet. Figure I'll make sure the timing is on point and the cam chain isn't loose before i start tearing them down. i still have no idea what I'm doing though, so, who knows how that'll go, hah

Anyway, working on some wood grips in the meantime.

Re: new to the game '80 Honda CB750k

Being a carpenter by trade, I am totally stoked about those grips.

Re: new to the game '80 Honda CB750k

valero
Thanks Tools! Coming from a carpenter by trade, that's awesome to hear:) still have to burn the wings in, sand, stain and seal. Definitely stoked to see how they turn out.

Re: new to the game '80 Honda CB750k

Are you turning them on a metal lathe with a boring bar?

Re: new to the game '80 Honda CB750k

valero
Yeah...was gonna use the press, but it wasn't working and my impatience got the best of me...

Re: new to the game '80 Honda CB750k

Truck
Those grips are beautiful, I'd like to see more picks when you are done.
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: new to the game '80 Honda CB750k

valero
Thanks, Truck! I'll post them up as soon as they're finished.

Re: new to the game '80 Honda CB750k

Very cool grips. How do you plan to secure them? Set screws? Glue?

Re: new to the game '80 Honda CB750k

shinyribs wrote
Very cool grips. How do you plan to secure them? Set screws? Glue?
They are wood, you secure wood with nails.

Thanks S-ribs. Probably double sided adhesive wrap, or yeah just straight glue.

Re: new to the game '80 Honda CB750k

valero
Lol, nails....Or maybe I'll secure them with a  bottle of wizard spit and unicorn tears

Re: new to the game '80 Honda CB750k

valero wrote
... a  bottle of wizard spit and unicorn tears
 what the ... somebody been ->

Re: new to the game '80 Honda CB750k

valero
...if I wasn't working, that'd probably be the case, lol. Tools said nails...just figured those 2 things would work just as well...hah

Re: new to the game '80 Honda CB750k

Liquid Nails construction adhesive.

Re: new to the game '80 Honda CB750k

valero
Ahhh, ok. Yeah, those nails will probably work I'll give them a shot of the tape doesn't hold them in well enough.

Btw, anyone have any insight on the best way to run the carbs with these pods?

Re: new to the game '80 Honda CB750k

Yea, here.
http://www.ecotrons.com/products/400cc_to_800cc_engine_fuel_injection_kit/

Re: new to the game '80 Honda CB750k

valero
 well, as much as i appreciate the link...i think I'd have to get a third job to afford those! Ha.

I was thinking more along the lines of how i can efficiently tune everything as it is now. Or if i have to up the jets, needles, float levels, etc, which sizes and companies should i go with.

Re: new to the game '80 Honda CB750k

Here is every thing you need to know about pods, and masochism.
http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/Shiny-s-1980-CB750-F-happy-with-pods-td4044473.html