Carbs 1973 CB750

rrgunslinger
Decided to take another look at my carbs.  I have this float adjustment tool.

mobile, Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
American by birth. Cowboy by choice! Vero Beach, FL http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo172/grandpaslinger/HD%20Road%20Glide/IMAG0046.jpg

Re: Carbs 1973 CB750

rrgunslinger
mobile, Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

mobile, Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

This is what I used last time.
mobile, Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
American by birth. Cowboy by choice! Vero Beach, FL http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo172/grandpaslinger/HD%20Road%20Glide/IMAG0046.jpg

Re: Carbs 1973 CB750

cdaiscool
They look so... well, SMALL. Mine are so much more complicated! Lol.
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Carbs 1973 CB750

rrgunslinger
Wanted to give a pic of how the tool worked.  I adjusted each carb and they are not dripping any  gas.

 mobile, Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
American by birth. Cowboy by choice! Vero Beach, FL http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo172/grandpaslinger/HD%20Road%20Glide/IMAG0046.jpg

Re: Carbs 1973 CB750

rrgunslinger
Back on..

mobile, Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
American by birth. Cowboy by choice! Vero Beach, FL http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo172/grandpaslinger/HD%20Road%20Glide/IMAG0046.jpg

Re: Carbs 1973 CB750

blk72750
Gunslinger those look good- thanks for posting those pics- that small part that connects the between the 2 and 3 carb and hooks the throttle spring fell out of mine before I knew what the hell it was. I had my spring going pulled down to the cam chain tightener.

Also I was going to ask are you getting fuel to your 3 and 4 carb with those fuel filters. Looks they've been on the bike a while. I tried to get my fuel filter right under the petcock then loop through the carb housing but it kept pinching. Thanks for the pics Im going to try this out.

Re: Carbs 1973 CB750

rrgunslinger
Good eye there.  Yes it seem to get plenty of gas but I did screw up one thing.  I run a tube from carb 2 to carb 3 as I did not understand what those hose fittings sticking out of them were for.  After looking at Bike bandit I saw there is only a hose that goes on each one and runs to the back and down to the ground.  I had connected them and I am sure that was part of my problem. I was experiencing. Also I was thinking about running the hoses the way it came, from the top just to see. Not a whole lot of room there but if I take the petcock bowl off I think it will be easer. However I did put over 400 miles on her setup the other way.

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 10:41 AM, blk72750 [via Honda CB750'S] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Gunslinger those look good- thanks for posting those pics- that small part that connects the between the 2 and 3 carb and hooks the throttle spring fell out of mine before I knew what the hell it was. I had my spring going pulled down to the cam chain tightener.

Also I was going to ask are you getting fuel to your 3 and 4 carb with those fuel filters. Looks they've been on the bike a while. I tried to get my fuel filter right under the petcock then loop through the carb housing but it kept pinching. Thanks for the pics Im going to try this out.

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/Carbs-1973-CB750-tp3983393p3985884.html
To start a new topic under Honda CB750'S, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Honda CB750'S, click here.
NAML

Sorry about the crappy pictures.
American by birth. Cowboy by choice! Vero Beach, FL http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo172/grandpaslinger/HD%20Road%20Glide/IMAG0046.jpg

Re: Carbs 1973 CB750

rrgunslinger
Bad thing is I worked on them for over an hour and just could not get them in sync,  So I just had to stop before I broke something.
Another day!
American by birth. Cowboy by choice! Vero Beach, FL http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo172/grandpaslinger/HD%20Road%20Glide/IMAG0046.jpg

Re: Carbs 1973 CB750

rrgunslinger
Ok I'm done (again)
This is how I plug open vacuum holes.

mobile, Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

A must have tool, cuts just about anything.
mobile, Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

American by birth. Cowboy by choice! Vero Beach, FL http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo172/grandpaslinger/HD%20Road%20Glide/IMAG0046.jpg

Re: Carbs 1973 CB750

rrgunslinger
https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=3242319629434

Any Questions?
Just a little info,  Stock Carbs with 120 jets.  Had to set the air screws out 2 turns to get it to idle. That's about it. I'm running a Mack 4 into 1 .  Motor has 30,000 miles on it.
American by birth. Cowboy by choice! Vero Beach, FL http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo172/grandpaslinger/HD%20Road%20Glide/IMAG0046.jpg

Re: Carbs 1973 CB750

Have you gotten to ride it yet with that particular tune on it? I'm just wondering how the cone style pods act compared to the oddballs I have. Pure curiosity.

Re: Carbs 1973 CB750

rrgunslinger

Not yet, started raining hard.  Looks like rain tomorrow also. I will let you know when I do.  Wounding how it will do also.

Harvey

On May 16, 2012 11:52 PM, "shinyribs [via Honda CB750'S]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Have you gotten to ride it yet with that particular tune on it? I'm just wondering how the cone style pods act compared to the oddballs I have. Pure curiosity.
Montvale,Virginia
 Piute said it best:  "wheres my 10mm?"
Hellbilly-"that is a great way to tell if you have come to your senses, when you start drilling random holes in things... "

LukeM-"Scooters rock, especially when they're in posse formation. "

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/Carbs-1973-CB750-tp3983393p3998440.html
NAML
American by birth. Cowboy by choice! Vero Beach, FL http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo172/grandpaslinger/HD%20Road%20Glide/IMAG0046.jpg

Re: Carbs 1973 CB750

Lucky 1
Were they#35mm stock idle jets?  Bet they were.
I would try #40s then you will not have to turn the air screw out so far.
MAC 4 into 1 exhaust.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: Carbs 1973 CB750

rrgunslinger

Yes idle jets are stock.

Harvey

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/Carbs-1973-CB750-tp3983393p4000055.html
NAML

Took her out today and seems to run good.  Pulls all the way to 7000rpm (with 30,000 miles on the clock I don't want to push it).  Now time will tell.
American by birth. Cowboy by choice! Vero Beach, FL http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo172/grandpaslinger/HD%20Road%20Glide/IMAG0046.jpg

Re: Carbs 1973 CB750

Coooool! You ain't gonna hurt her,and if you do...there is always a 836 kit on ebay

Re: Carbs 1973 CB750

Half-Caf
shinyribs wrote
Coooool! You ain't gonna hurt her,and if you do...there is always a 836 kit on ebay
Shiny, I have officially decided that you are a bad influence. Just thought I'd let you know...
Btw, 7k is nothing for these motors, I just wanted to give Ribs some grief
The best things in life are custom
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/halfscb
1980 cb750f SS
Chicago, IL

Re: Carbs 1973 CB750

Re: Carbs 1973 CB750

rrgunslinger

I still have one carb popping. Would that be out of sync?

Harvey

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/Carbs-1973-CB750-tp3983393p4016117.html
To start a new topic under Honda CB750'S, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Honda CB750'S, click here.
NAML
American by birth. Cowboy by choice! Vero Beach, FL http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo172/grandpaslinger/HD%20Road%20Glide/IMAG0046.jpg
123