Carbs

81 supersport
I have the bike running really good. Only problem is the overflow nipples on the carbs drip gas like crazy. I replaced the needles that fit into the floats. What else could it be?

Re: Carbs

sgtslag
I'm sure you don't want to hear this, but...  Pod filters are regarded as un-useable on most CB750's.  Can't say for your model, but the usual response is to throw them away, and put in a factory air box.  The explanation is that the carb's are designed to use the air pressure/vacuum setup of the air box, which pods can never recreate.  Aside from that, I could not tell you.  Sorry.  Best of luck.  Cheers!

Re: Carbs

81 supersport
This was a problem before the filters

Re: Carbs

Are the seats damaged? Do the floats need adjusted?

Re: Carbs

81 supersport
I'm not sure. I'll check into it. It's just so frustrating. I want to ride it around town so bad but little things like this are holding me back. Haha

Re: Carbs

You'll get used to that.  These older bikes will always need a bit of tinkering. My old CB would need maybe 30 seconds of choke before it was rideable. The new bike needs about 2-3 minutes before it's ready.  Even then it will stumble a bit for the next few minutes.  Still need to work on that.  Probably time for the carbs to come apart for the 4th time.

Re: Carbs

Are pods really a bad idea?  I wanna run them for the looks and all,but i want performance and reliability foremost.  i new to all this so any and all ideas welcome!!

Re: Carbs

It is a bitch to get them to work on the DOHC bikes, but on the SOHC it is not too bad. A lot of difference in the carbs. Just requires tuning.

Re: Carbs

Daddyman
I'm with Tools, check your float level and seats.
Photobucket
---1976 CB750F CAFE---
     Florence, Colorado

Re: Carbs

Im having flooding issues too.  If i use my new rubber tipped needles the bike runs great,i would say perfect, but pours gas out the vent tubes.Put the metal needles back and leaks stop,but bike wont run right,even with same float level and all other adjustments the same?!?! Real crazy thing is that with the leaky rubber needle i can( and did,for a test) leave the fuel on all night,with the vent lines in a drain pan just in case,and it didn't leak a drop. Doesn't even leak when you first start the engine ,but pours after 2-3 minutes of run timeafter bikes cools a little it will stop leaking

81 supersport    i am not trying to high-jack your thread here,just looking for answers,too,as this has my project at a stand still.  I am new to these engines but will help as much as i can...but i need help too.   Just putting out there what i have run into in case it can be of any help to you....my advice?:don't  take my advice!HAHA     Keep me posted please as I am in need of much help.   Good luck

And Daddyman... can i have your bike?That thins is sooo

Re: Carbs

Daddyman
Can't have it, but your welcome to take it for a spin.  That will make ya want yours done that much more! lol
Photobucket
---1976 CB750F CAFE---
     Florence, Colorado

Re: Carbs

Argh! You're killing me! Can you at least take your signature pic down so i don't have to covet

Re: Carbs

rusty vango
yes they DO look cool but as previously stated they just dont work well.the factory air box is best

Re: Carbs

rusty vango
is the vent in your gas cap plugged?? it sounds to me like a pressurization problem

Re: Carbs

You know,Rusty...it's hard to be factory engineering,isn't it? I modify a lot of cars and the truth is....the factory parts just work.Their millions of dollars spent in R&D are hard to beat.....but is sure is fun to try